• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. What is Your Winter Project

somethingspecial

Winter Project Bump

Hi All, just a bump on the thread to see if anyone has had luck on their winter projects. Mine got delayed due to other projects and a last minute changes which set the teardown back until I get the required parts. Changed the Automatic to a T5 five speed, doing away with the original Model A tank, installing a 32' style dash and guage cluster, vintage air/heat, etc. I will still drive it this coming summer with teardown next winter.

How are your projects progressing? Mike

rvrtrash

Mine are almost at a crawl. I was sick for a couple of weeks and work has been taking a lot of extra time. With that lame excuse posted, the headliner install on the '73 Mach really slowed me up. That's done now, the rear window is back in, carpet is in, one seat is reupholstered and I have the other front bucket almost done. It's my first time doing the upholstery myself, but it really isn't that bad. I'll probably do it again on the next car.

Steve

Attachments

• 2010_02280009a.jpg
    2010_02280009a.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 2010_02280010a.jpg
    2010_02280010a.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 42

Ruppstang

Steve that is going to be a really nice looking Mach1. Keep up the good work you are on the home strech!

rvrtrash

Steve that is going to be a really nice looking Mach1. Keep up the good work you are on the home strech!

Thanks. It's a shame, but it's probably going to go up for sale once it's done. The original plans for it have all fallen through and it would be nice to have the space and money for the next project.

Steve

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Working away on Val’s 1967 Fastback. New Stan Johnson Ford Powertrain Applications ceramic coated headers in place. 4 inches MORE ground clearance than my Hooker supercomps. If you have a low car and hate dragging your headers, these are the S__T!!!! No need to drop your power steering ram either! You will need a late model smaller starter. Works great with a C4 or AOD. I have them on the GNS with an AOD and power steering. I cannot tell you how great these long tube headers are!

Tried to modify my 4 speed clutch linkage. Spent a lot of time an effort, but I altered the geometry to much and the pedal was way to heavy for the wife. So now I am finishing a cable clutch conversion. Installed new clutch and a scatter shield. The motor is an early 5-bolt Hipo 289 block and there has been no source for a scatter shield until recently. Quick Time Incorporated offers a huge variety of any Ford combination you can imagine. A C4 behind a flathead. Chevy powerglide behind a 460. C4 behind an FE. Almost endless.

Will start it today with open headers. Hope to hook up exhaust on Monday. Summer is coming!

By the way, I retired on Tuesday of this week after 37 years of government service. What day of the week is it anyway?

Actually hope to go back to work after a month or so…. Only for 2 or 3 years to pad our retirement!!

Rob

gofastguy

By the way, I retired on Tuesday of this week after 37 years of government service. What day of the week is it anyway?

Actually hope to go back to work after a month or so…. Only for 2 or 3 years to pad our retirement!!

Rob

CONGRATULATIONS on the retirement! Hope you find much happiness!!

tworings

Buttercup

After much drama last year getting the "new" (rebuilt 302) engine installed (many issues with mechanic) and then having the engine catch on fire just as we got her home due to power steering hose melting on manifold, we took her to the paint shop Friday. Yipee!

GT/CS S Code

Slowly but surely ...

Well, not much got done with the GT/CS over this last winter, but we are just gearing up to finish up a bunch of outstanding "odds and ends" that were on the "to do" list.
Finally will re-install the Lucas fogs (long overdue), new wheel opening mouldings, install the Cobra Le Mans valve covers to match the air cleaner, we'll rebuild the entire front end and re-install the previously removed power steering assembly along with a newly rebuilt steering box. We'll replace a broken emergency brake cable and replace the "U" joints while we're at it. I bought a new set of tail light lenses (thanks ClubPro Ron!) which will now replace the old faded and scratched lenses. We'll install a new vacuum advance diaphram for the distributur and replace a bad back up light socket on the driver's side. Last, but not least, I found a factory Ford clock, which is being rebuilt with a quartz kit and it'll now go into the dash cluster. This should all be finished up over the next couple of weeks, and at that point we're nearly done with just a few other small things to address.
We're planning to drive up to Kamloops in August for their "Hot August Nights" show and shine event and combine that into a visit with Laurie's two cousins up there. It'll be the longest drive we'll have taken this Mustang on up to now, so it'll be great fun to "stretch it's legs out" on a longer highway drive.
We'll keep you posted ...
:wink:

Ruppstang

Well today is the first day of Spring, and wouldn't you just know it snowed 3-4 more inches last night. But it also means that we are at the end of our Winter projects. How did you all do? I sold our damaged 67 coupe and am well in to the restoration of the 68 HCS. I also hopefully fixed the over heating problem on my son's 67 GTA. Lets see who takes the CalSpecial.com most productive Winter award! Marty

hookedtrout

I buckled down all winter and paid off debt, cleared all my debt with the exception of the house and that will clear within the next 12-18 months depending on how diligent I am. Cleared over 80K in the past year and a half. Soon to be debt free...unless I build a new shop???

franklinair

This weekend I will be installing the black vinyl top on my C/S. (Pray for me!! - I've never done this job before!) Everything is measured, vinyl is laying flat on the roof to let the wrinkles fall out (looks good), heat is on to bring room temp to 70 degrees. Holes are drilled for the trim strips, headliner is loose for access to the trim strip nuts. Here we go.

Neil:eek:

hookedtrout

This weekend I will be installing the black vinyl top on my C/S. (Pray for me!! - I've never done this job before!) Everything is measured, vinyl is laying flat on the roof to let the wrinkles fall out (looks good), heat is on to bring room temp to 70 degrees. Holes are drilled for the trim strips, headliner is loose for access to the trim strip nuts. Here we go.

Best of luck to ya!!

Ruppstang

Neil,
I know that you can do it. It is really a two person job{4 hands job}. My wife Tari and I did it and we did not even fight. Just take your time. Marty

Ruppstang

I buckled down all winter and paid off debt, cleared all my debt with the exception of the house and that will clear within the next 12-18 months depending on how diligent I am. Cleared over 80K in the past year and a half. Soon to be debt free...unless I build a new shop???

Hats off to you Cory! I think thats a real smart move in this economy. Just think of all the car stuff you can buy with that interest money.