• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 wiring problem

copper

What is the best referance book for wireing I have (MP4 Jim Osborn 1968 Mustang wireing diagram manual)but find it hard to follow Is there a better book on the market My C/S has factory AC and .Under the dash is a yellow female plug wiith 3 wires comming out the one going to ground (black with a strip ?) got real hot and fried . This car I bought end of last year Still trying to sort all the little problems out. glad of any help:confused:

rvrtrash

If it's the plug I'm thinking of, it's a power plug and nothing should be plugged in that goes to ground. With the wire to ground removed, is there power on the plug?

Steve

franklinair

The circuit you're asking about pertains to the Blower speed. Power from Ign. Sw. to Ckt. Breaker, to Fan control switch, to resistor assembly, to motor.
My schematics are at work. Continued to tomorrow...

Neil

OP
OP
C

copper

Yellow plug does have power with key on Found 2 blown fuses seems to be only damage except the fried wire .Sortiing other problems out but the further I dig the more I find sorted shifter indicator light and have all interior lights on consul working. But the wire that fed the shift indicator light was used for the electric choke feed. The original carb was changed to a holly 4V So I would like to know where this wire from the choke hooks into dont want to splice into shift indicator light could use yellow plug ??. The wire manual I have dosnt show it. any help would be appeciated.Also I would like a good wireing manual (ANY SUGESTIONS) COPPER

Last edited:

dalorzo_f

Ford Shop Manual and the FAM are about as good as it gets.

As there was no electric choke from the factory, you'll have to find another switched hot lead to connect it.

franklinair

I can't imagine anyone tapping into the gearshift indicator lite for the electric choke:icon_no:
Where exactly was this done? There are a few places under the hood to tap into power while the Ign. Sw is in the 'Run' position.
As Richard suggested, the Mustang Shop Manual is a GOOD reference (wiring diagrams in the back).
I also use Scott Drake wiring diagram manual, MP-4-P. Larger print, slick pages. Forget who I bought it from, but GOOGLE can find it.

Neil

PS:
The diagram shows a Circuit Breaker (wires 257 & 257A). Don't know the current value, or P/N. NPD only lists a CB for the convert top motor.

Last edited: