• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv.GT/CS Registry Decals

P

PNewitt

Here is an image of two GT/CS Decals that I intend to make and carry:

A. The original "California" gold and black GT/CS Registry Window Decal that I did back in about 1992, except I will correct the production number. I will reproduce this one, because everyone still likes it.

B. This is a new design for the 40th Anniversary GT/CS Decal, about 90% complete. The border is made up of four, connected curved stripe sections from the end caps of your GT/CS. I'll also add the production number.

My question is what would you think if I added the artwork of an '08 GT/CS to this decal, so it could be used by both groups (??).

Or--would the late model folks want their own decal?

Thanks!
Paul N.
artwork: © PMN Designs, 2007

Attachments

• decals.jpg
    decals.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 124

CALIF GIRL

I think having both the old and the new cars on it would be a great way to go.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

The '08 "may" look a little different, but I think for such a small sized image of the newer CS (about 1/2" or less), it may not be reflected in the decal artwork.

Paul N.

68 GTCS

In my opinion, I would say that the 08 CS coming out is a 40th Anniv. edition of the 68 CS. The 68 CS is the one that is celebrating its 40th anniv. With that being said, I love the 07 Mustangs and I plan on buying a 08 CS when they hit the market. And I would personally put on a decal that did not include the 07 or 08 cars.
I think they look great Paul. Good Job!

Kevin

hotrodgrany

Is the 08 GT/CS going to look different than the 07?
I don't think on the outside, just inside some minor changes may be done. I think I posted something to that fact earlier.
Why not put the new ones on, after all it will be the 40th anniversary GT/CS. Just my opinion.
I posted something on 2008 order guide post and you will find some information on the new 2008's

Last edited:

case12

my vote. either add the 07/08 for the 40th anniversary decal, or make a special one for that group. there is probably enough volume to do either option. casey

rvrtrash

Well without seeing a concept, I'd say that trying to fit 2 cars on the 40th anniv. one would be too busy and the cars would be too small for detail. For that reason alone, I'd do either: Make 2 different decals-one with each car, or make the 40th one for the 2007/8 and leave the original for the '68's.

Steve

SD CASPCL

My vote...leave it as it is. The '68 is the original. We are celebrating it's 40th Anniversary.

And, who knows, Ford may actually remember this and try to capitalize on it with another "Special Edition." I had a 40th Anniversary Pontiac Grand Prix in '02, which had the 40th name plates all over it, including the headrests.

Ladystang

my vote. either add the 07/08 for the 40th anniversary decal, or make a special one for that group. there is probably enough volume to do either option. casey

I agree with this also. The new CS's should be included somehow.

carezcs

I agree with Steve, two cars on one decal would make too busy and the cars too small to recognize.

ironhorse

Seperate decals, please. Let's celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original.
Kevin