• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv. GT/CS Event Details--at Galpin Ford on 4/19

franklinair

I'm getting in, Fri afternoon, 4-18, Air Tran Flt 54. Donna's going to pick me up when she gets off work. I'll have my cell phone, and we'll arrange meeting place. How far from LAX to Knott's? I'm game to meet anywhere, anytime that's good for you all (of course that's if my chauffer concurs!!)

Neil

Diesel Donna

I'm getting in, Fri afternoon, 4-18, Air Tran Flt 54. Donna's going to pick me up when she gets off work. I'll have my cell phone, and we'll arrange meeting place. How far from LAX to Knott's? I'm game to meet anywhere, anytime that's good for you all (of course that's if my chauffer concurs!!)

Neil

I concur. :grin:

Ahhhhh LAX to Knott's maybe an hour...more with Friday eve traffic.

case12

For those of you attending Galpin there will be an awards event around 1pm. The event will including everyone in attendance receiving a special 40th anniversary plaque/trophy. You can even have your award signed on the back of the plaque (or anywhere you want) by Paul if you like. There will also be a BIG surprise award that you will not want to miss!!!

Galpin Ford will be participating in the awards ceremony, and I spoke with the editor of Mustang Times (Mary Jean) and convinced her to attend the event as well - she is very excited. This will be a great show for the 40th!!! Casey

(for those not able to attend - if there are any 40th anniversary award plaques left after the show, we will offer them on the site for a reasonable price to raise money for the book Paul is doing).

franklinair

Do we have a roster of who/how many are able to attend for the weekend or partial weekend?

Neil

Mustanger

Do we have a roster of who/how many are able to attend for the weekend or partial weekend?

Neil

If recipients of Paul's mailer have been responding to him with the Galpin Ford's GT/CS 40th Anniversary Event form, then Paul should have a good feel for what the head-count should be ... :cool:

Diesel Donna

Just FYI......

Right across the freeway from Galpin is the Budweiser Brewery...I wonder if they give tours... .

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Just FYI......

Right across the freeway from Galpin is the Budweiser Brewery...I wonder if they give tours... .

Wel, actually, tourists to the Bud plant come over to the "Horseless Carriage" (Galpin) restaurant to have lunch.

Oh, you're gonna LOVE that Buffalo Chili!! (I think they ought to put it in cans and sell it in stores (i.e. "GAS Chili"!!) LOL...

A rough count on my list has about 30 people, and 14 cars coming so far....but I'll have some hard numbers by the 5th of April.

This is getting to be REALLY EXCITING!!!! I can't wait!!! It's exactly a month from today. So many of you will here get to see each other--finally!!

Paul N.

obwan93001

My headcount for the Galpin event...

A rough count on my list has about 30 people, and 14 cars coming so far....but I'll have some hard numbers by the 5th of April.

This is getting to be REALLY EXCITING!!!! I can't wait!!! It's exactly a month from today. So many of you will here get to see each other--finally!!

Paul N.

Paul,

Please put me down for the Galpin event. There are 4 of us and my unrestored, as-is GT/CS. I've already rebuilt the front suspension and just need to replace the front sway bar & bushings (decided to go w/1" after I'd put things back together) and need to tweak the PS system and she should be ready for the 40 mi trek there, can't wait:icon_ecst and I can finally show you those strange paint chip samples on the trunk lid I had mentioned quite a while ago. By the way, there may be more people I know that may attend as I spread the word around to friends and there may be another eight people maybe a few more. Please let me know if you need an exact headcount.

Thanks!
Oscar

case12

Pictures/Plaques and Registration

As mentioned before, each registration entry will receive a nice 40th anniversary plaque (6x8) using Paul's artwork. Registration will be at the table with the show banner (yes! we have a banner too!). And we will have have an awards ceremony around 1-1:30pm. At that time we will call names and you will receive the plaque and we will take pictures of you getting the award with Beau from Galpin, Mary Jean from Mustang Times and Paul N. Digital pics will be uploaded for your later use compliments of my daughter and her digital camera. There is also a very special single award being given at this show - but, it is secret until the show - so you will just have to wait until then to find out about that one.

If you bring a GT/CS, or have a GT/CS - sign up at the table so we can call your name to pick up the plaque and have your picture taken during the ceremony.

(You didn't think I would just show up from Chicago without gifts did you?:grin: ). Casey

case12

Oh! And bring your checkbooks. We have a few small items you might want to bid on, like the banner, etc. All for good causes. Casey

clubpro

Anniversary Tee Shirts and Caps will be for sale

I just wanted to remind everyone that we have made up 40th anniversary T-Shirts and caps and they will be for sale at Galpin.

See you there!

Cheers!

Ron

nates68

Paul, I Got A Flight To Come To Gas. Ill Try To Stay At The Holiday Inn. Walking Distance ?? Cant Wait To Meet Every One. Please Put My Name In.

Thanks ,nates68

obwan93001

PDF copy of GAS GT/CS 40th event flyer

I posted a new thread with this copy of the GAS 40th event flyer and also wanted to post it in a reply here.

Take care,

Oscar
obwan93001

Attachments

• GAS_GTCS_40th_Event_Flyer.pdf
    131.8 KB · Views: 37