• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv. GT/CS Event Details--at Galpin Ford on 4/19

BroadwayBlue

Aren't they going to correct your class when you get there?

I know a lot of shows I go to they correct the classes if the person registered wrong. Our club show has a lot of these every year.

hicountrybob

Donna, Joe, Paul, Everyone!!!

First off, I'ld like to say that I'm really looking forward to the Galpin Ford GT/CS Celebration, and also the Knott's FFF Show ... however, I'm in a little bit of a dilemma: I'm trying to register for the FFF show, and I'm not too sure if I should register as a '68 Mustang Coupe (Class 39), or as a Signature Mustang (Class 55).

Perhaps we should get some direction or consensus on how to register ... hopefully we can get this resolved before we all need to send in our forms (or at least call the FFF people to change our class designation) ... So, which way do we go?? ... Thanks again!!!

I just now completed my form with CLASS 39 'cus I don't want to chance being left out ALL TOGETHER with a late entry. I'll just have to take my chances that the SIGNATURE (class 55) is for whatever. I do know that when I went in 2006 (in the coupe class) most of us were pretty much together (even the gal that showed up late with her Cal Sp), with very, very few coupes mixed among us, probably because WE LINED UP ON THE STREET TOGETHER AND WENT THRU THE GATE TOGETHER WITH OUR CAR COLORS ALREADY SEPARATED. But when we do get on site, I think it will be too late to change classes. AND, who to kick us out or into another class? I don't recall seeing site people ordering anybody around and never did see a "parking" guide, it was like at the gate, "Yeh, class 39? Your class is over there". What do you people think? Some of you were there . Bob Teets here.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Not to cause a ruckus, but isn't there someone, a top guy (gal) in the Ford Group that can be contacted, and told that we'd like to park ALL the GT/CS Mustangs ('68, '07, and '08) TOGETHER????

Anyone here know such a person within the organizing forces at the Knott's Show????

Let's pull some strings here, people!! :).
Besides, we're the "big shots" this year, right??

:)

Paul N.

You're always three people away from whomever you want to know, or speak to. Where's Gen. George Patton when you need him?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Are We Having Fun Yet??

HERE is the flier for the GAS 40th Anniversary GT/CS Event!!

If you can make it, PLEASE send me a note to my address-- (P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617) and RSVP-ASAP.....OK?

OR...you'll be getting a new mailer in your mailbox (if you're on my mailing list) probably by the end of this week--and this same page is in it.

Paul Newitt
(GT/CS Excitement Coordinator and Chief Bottlewasher).

Attachments

• gasevent.gif
    gasevent.gif
    208.4 KB · Views: 53

miller511

Paul,

Can you attach the flyer as a pdf? It is hard to read in it's current form.

Thanks, Jeff

miller511

Contacted FFF by email

Not to cause a ruckus, but isn't there someone, a top guy (gal) in the Ford Group that can be contacted, and told that we'd like to park ALL the GT/CS Mustangs ('68, '07, and '08) TOGETHER????

Anyone here know such a person within the organizing forces at the Knott's Show????

Let's pull some strings here, people!! :).
Besides, we're the "big shots" this year, right??

:)

Paul N.

You're always three people away from whomever you want to know, or speak to. Where's Gen. George Patton when you need him?

Hey all,

I've sent an email to info@fordcarclubs.org inquiring about our request to be parked all together.

-Jeff

johnsgottwo

Galpin event

Hey all, :icon_lol:

I realize this thread has kinda shifted to the Knott's show, but I was wondering if we've got anything like a formal registration/sign up for the Galpin event. I, like a lot of others, have committed to attend, but I was curious as to whether we're going to assemble an "official" list of attendees.​

Jus' wonderin'

clubpro

John,

Paul Newitt is sending out a registration flyer for everyone in his data base. If you are in the registry you should be getting one.

Cheers!

Ron

johnsgottwo

Oy Vey!

OK, I'm braindead. Not only did I know Paul was sending the mailer, but ironically I pulled mine from my mailbox about an hour after I posted my question.

Boy do I feel silly!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

OK, I'm braindead. Not only did I know Paul was sending the mailer, but ironically I pulled mine from my mailbox about an hour after I posted my question. Boy do I feel silly!

SURPRISE!! Yup, I just sent those out....and I'm suddenly everywhere! LOL!

My mailing list is about 90% up to date, but if anyone (in about a week) didn't get theirs, please PM me here with your full name, address and Zip

OR send me an SASE to me at:

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617 USA

(Canadian mail will be about a week delayed....)

thanks!
Paul N.

stang68cs

For us out of towners, what are some hotels by GAS? Is it better to fly into LAX or Burbank? Thanks.

clubpro

I called Galpin and there is a Holiday Inn Express within walking distance to the dealership. I would and do fly into Burbank any chance that I get. It is so much easier to get in and out of than LAX. Below is the address and phone number of the Holiday Inn Express;

8244 Orion Ave.
Van Nuys, Ca. 91406

818-989-5010

Cheers!

Ron

koronen

I wish I could be there =( ill be in cali up until 3 or so days before the event, I have to be back at work by the 18th though

clubpro

You could always come down with the Galpin flu... and not be able to make it back to work until Monday. I've heard that the flu bug is going around down there.

Just a thought...

Cheers!

Ron

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

For us out of towners, what are some hotels by GAS? Is it better to fly into LAX or Burbank? Thanks.

I'd say that Burbank is the better airport to fly into.

If you're coming all that way, you'll want to see Knott's the next day, so you should (I think) stay down in Orange County...near Knott's (Buena Park) or Disneyland (Anaheim). Knott's and DL are about 15-20 min apart by car.

I personally like to stay in Orange County, rather than in L.A. proper. If you're not a big city person, mid-L.A. is kinda nerve wracking to stay in. Knott's/DL is about 40 miles from GAS. That is, if you get over the Highway 5 to go south. The 405 is always a parking lot...and a mess.

Keep us posted--we'll help you with your logistics.

Paul.

franklinair

I'm flying into LAX 4-18 (best airfare from ATL), and staying @ Knott's Berry Hotel. I've had several kind offers of letting me get a ride from one point to another. (Diesel Donna has graciously offered to pick me up @ LAX and shuttle me to Knott's, and Midnight Special - Mike & Robinette have offered to get me from Knott's to GAS on Saturday.) Bob Teets steered me onto the Knott's Hotel for convenience & $$, and proximity to the Knott's car show on Sunday. It's looking to be a GREAT trip, AND I get to take Donna out to dinner Friday night as well!! Perhaps others could join us.

Neil Hoppe

stang68cs

Paul,
I've been stuck on the ring outside D.C., so I'm used to traffic jams, if one can really say that. I plan on going to Knotts on Sunday and fly back to Minneapolis on Monday. I have to get a bigger memory card for the camera!Thanks for everyone's help.
Steve

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'd just like to say how impressed I am to see so many folks making the effort to come to the GAS show, and Knott's too.

I appreciate the time, effort and money spent by several of you to come to L.A. to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the GT/CS.

This will not only be a spectacular event, but a lot of us will finally get to meet each other!! I can't think of a better way to do it!

(a side note -- I know we tease Donna, but you'll just love this true lady. She's great....)

Paul N.