• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv. GT/CS Event Details--at Galpin Ford on 4/19

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul,
I've been stuck on the ring outside D.C., so I'm used to traffic jams, if one can really say that.
Steve

OOO-KKaaaayyyy.......

We'll see what you think of L.A. traffic when you arrive and hit the pavement.... It might be the same band, but they play "different music" on the roads out here...LOL!

Welcome!!

Paul N.

Diesel Donna

I wish I could be there =( ill be in cali up until 3 or so days before the event, I have to be back at work by the 18th though

Call in sick with the Ford Blue Flu. :grin:

It usually takes four days to get over it...

Diesel Donna

Awww thanks Paul and Neil, I look forward to meeting members who I feel like I know already from this site.
Singing::::::::We gonna have a funky good time!::::::::::Okay so only half of you recognize that song.
So who will join Neil and I for dinner on Friday the 18th? It would make sense to do this near Knott's.
~~~~DD.

case12

If there is a gathering the night before Knott's I (and my daughter) would like to join. Let us know. Casey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

So who will join Neil and I for dinner on Friday the 18th? It would make sense to do this near Knott's.
~~~~DD.

How 'bout If I call you at the restaurant, from the spot just next door? LOL...

....Claim Jumper?

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

>We got our reg. for Knott's in but We have nothing for Galpin. Could you help us out with that ? I can't seem to find anything on that. THANK YOU

Go to the thread: "New Mailer Coming to you", and there is a (split) photo of the page about the GAS/Galpin Event. Just let me know if you're coming, and how many--and PM it to me. No admission, just show up (and we'll feed you!).

Paul N.

Diesel Donna

If there is a gathering the night before Knott's I (and my daughter) would like to join. Let us know. Casey

No place in mind yet but notice that Neil and I are going out to dinner on FRIDAY night because I am picking him up at the airport that afternoon. SATURDAY night would be the night before Knott's....I don't know what folks are planning for that, which would be after the Galpin event.

Diesel Donna

I think I would be able to join that party. Do you have a place in mind yet?

Nope. Any suggestions? I never pay attention to what is around Knott;s . just Claim Jumper...so I will drive Neil around until he says STOP!!! LOL!

clubpro

Donna,

I would like to add my name to the list for Saturday night dinner along with my cousin. Claim Jumper sounds good to me.

Cheers!

Ron

joedls

Donna,

I would like to add my name to the list for Saturday night dinner along with my cousin. Claim Jumper sounds good to me.

Cheers!

Ron

I think Donna was trying to clarify that the plans she has with Niel are for Friday night, not for Saturday night.

joedls

I don't know how many would be interested, but I have a membership at a cigar bar in Lake Forest where I will be on the Saturday night (after Galpin's) watching UFC #83. Anyone interested is more than welcome to join me.

franklinair

Neil & Donna are having dinner Friday evening (restaurant unknown!) and anyone wishing to join us is welcome.
Saturday night dinner would also be great (restaurant unknown!) after the GAS gathering. As a stranger in town, I'm open for suggestions as to where.

Neil

CougarCJ

Pick a place for Friday, I could most likely join you guys.

When does your plane land at LAX?

Mosesatm

Neil & Donna are having dinner Friday evening (restaurant unknown!) and anyone wishing to join us is welcome.
Saturday night dinner would also be great (restaurant unknown!) after the GAS gathering. As a stranger in town, I'm open for suggestions as to where.

Neil

Fish Tacos!!!!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Note to self: "don't invite Arlie to dinner".....(or maybe we could help him eat a whole jar of Vegemite?) LOL!!!

Anyway...for those of you that have made it this far in this thread, here's a surprise. This is only a teaser--but in celebration of the event being at Galpin Ford in L.A., here is a glimpse of the March 1968 Newsletter.

And guess what's on the front?

And...that car is in the registry, too. It is a very, very early car. It has hood stripes, Marchals, and is Candyapple Red.

And of course, this 4-page newsletter will be in my book.

(photo: Copyright 1968, 2008 Galpin Ford, & PMN, 2008.)

Paul N.

p.s the women are from a local "charm school", the guy is comedian Rex Benson.

Attachments

• galpincs.jpg
    galpincs.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 56

miller511

Also, for out of towners coming in- gotta have an in-n-out burger.