• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv.GT/CS Registry Decals

dpheyes

I checked today with my "very reliable source",
and the '08 GT/CS is "still a go".
Production is still on track.
Sales of the '07 GT/CS have been very good, too.

Paul N.

So Paul,

A few questions for your reliable source: If the '08 is still a go - will they make a convertible? Any word on colors?

My folks gave up on waiting - they ordered an '07 GT convertible in Flame Red and ordered the CS scoops, valance, stripes, etc. for the dealer to install so they could own a "CS" in red. It's due for production on April 16th - Oh Crap! - that means it's gonna be a MONDAY car! :cry:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Yes on the Convertible.

As for colors, I think one new color may be introduced. A lot of changes are taking place right now at Ford. The Mustang variants are making a lot of money for the company, so expect even more!! 2008 is going to be really exciting for us!

As a side note, you might like seeing this new Ford "Flex" (I liked the Fairlane name for it).

http://www.uncrate.com/men/cars/suvs-wagons/ford-flex-010721.php

Paul.

Talan423

IT LOOKS LIKE THE GT/CS DOES INDEED LIVE ON FOR 2008 WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF SPECIAL BADGING FOR THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY. I AM HEARING THAT THE BULLITT ANNIVERSARY WILL BE JOB #2 WHICH IS MID-YEAR. I HAVE SEEN ONE OF THE SPECIAL BADGES (PROTOTYPE) FOR THE BULLITT, IT IS A SMALL ALUMINUM? PLATE (APPROX. 1.5" x 3" ) WITH THE VIN LASER ETCHED OR STAMPED ON IT THAT WILL BE ATTACHED SOMEWHERE ON THE ENGINE OR IN THE ENGINE COMARTMENT. MAYBE THIS IS A POSSIBILITY WITH THE GT/CS TOO?
THE COLORS BELOW ARE THE COLOR OPTIONS FOR THE '08 MUSTANG, NOT SURE WHICH ONES ARE GT/CS SPECIFIC. I BELIEVE THAT FORD IS TAKING ORDERS FOR THE '08 MUSTANGS NOW OR VERY SOON. CHECK WITH YOUR DEALERS. (I'D LIKE TO SEE WHAT THIS "VAPOR CLEAR COAT" IS)
HERE IS THE INFO. I GOT.........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Code Description
------ ----------------------
D3 TORCH RED CC
G5 ALLOY METALLIC
G9 VISTA BLUE CC
HP PERFOR WHITE CC
JV CANDY APPLE RED
UA BLACK CC
U3 GRABBER ORANGE
YN SILVER CC MET
ZY VAPOR CC MET

the California Special two-tone interior codes (KC = charcoal/parchment, and KD = charcoal/dove) have been replaced with new C/S codes of MC (charcoal/parchment) and MD (charcoal/dove). If there are new codes for the C/S interiors, then my guess is the California Special lives on for 2008. Originally, we were told it would be a one-year only model

Also, two new options have the following codes for 2008 Mustangs...

51H = HID headlamps.
95M = Mood lighting

rvrtrash

Yes on the Convertible.

As a side note, you might like seeing this new Ford "Flex" (I liked the Fairlane name for it).

http://www.uncrate.com/men/cars/suvs-wagons/ford-flex-010721.php

Paul.

The people on the Fairlane site I visit, and myself, are horrified that this vehicle was going to be named "Fairlane". They are as passionate about their cars as we are about ours. Imagine a Mustang minivan and the California Special version got extra cup holders and matching luggage and you can get an idea of how they feel.

Steve

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I guess that the Fairlane folks, that have the Thunderbolts and coupes would be concerned...

I was thinking about the Fairlane station wagons, many being plain-jane workhorses in the mid-sixties. Didn't they have "Fairlane" vans, too?

"Fairlane" was a name of a motel that the Ford brass had lunch many times. Isn't "Fairlane" a Dearborn upscale neighborhood as well?

It just has a strong, positive, true-to-Ford connotation to it. That's what I was going on.

But I understand. It's like when they named that little econobox in the 1990's "GTO". Ugh.

Paul N.

rvrtrash

There were no Fairlane vans. Most of the guys on the site I go too have convertibles (like me), Cobras, Talledega's, Torino GT's, you get the idea. Yes, the Fairlane name has a long history at Ford but we think of the NASCAR and NHRA history more than the grocery getter history. Kind of short sighted of us, I guess.

Steve

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'm already thinking of what Galpin Ford (new home of "Pimp My Ride") will do as mods for the new Flex. Bullit wheels, lowered in the front, air dam, rear spoiler on the roof? Flames? It brings back memories of those cool Ford Econolines that cruised the beaches in So.Cal. with hot orange paint, surfboards, and chrome Cragar S/S wheels.

Wicked, Man!!

Paul N.

Midnight Special

There were no Fairlane vans. Most of the guys on the site I go too have convertibles (like me), Cobras, Talledega's, Torino GT's, you get the idea. Yes, the Fairlane name has a long history at Ford but we think of the NASCAR and NHRA history more than the grocery getter history. Kind of short sighted of us, I guess.

Steve

...There was a Falcon van in the '60s...

Attachments

• 250px-Ford_Falcon_van.JPG
    250px-Ford_Falcon_van.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 20

hotrodgrany

...There was a Falcon van in the '60s...

I don't know if I ever put this here. but this was our 1964 Falcon Sprint. the one before the Mustangs came. Sorry black and white picture, but it was black and white. The next one was our 69 courgar, and it was black and had stripping of white along the side, and still have this one.

Attachments

• 1964 Ford  Falcon Spirnt 002.jpg
    1964 Ford Falcon Spirnt 002.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 69 Mercury Couger 001.JPG
    69 Mercury Couger 001.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 24

Mustanglvr

Great pictures Kathy, love those classic cars. You still have the Cougar?

gt bandit

I am conflicted here - just released the the 40th anniversary means I too will only be 2years from turning the big 40 Sh@#% - Oh well i guess i have my CS to comfort me , and the wife - oh and the new kid as well. Yep its that order i am afraid --- Sorry for hijacking your thread Paul the stickers look great and i cant wait for mine to arrive !!

hotrodgrany

I don't know if I ever put this here. but this was our 1964 Falcon Sprint. the one before the Mustangs came. Sorry black and white picture, but it was black and white. The next one was our 69 courgar, and it was black and had stripping of white along the side, and still have this one.

yes, but she needs a lot of fixing up, here it is now. Sure would be nice if I could get Chip Foose to redo this one, right, in my dreams.

Attachments

• decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover-69 Courger 025.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover-69 Courger 025.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 25
  • decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover-69 Courger 028.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover-69 Courger 028.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 23
  • decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover-69 Courger 013.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover-69 Courger 013.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 27