• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

August 18th, 2007 GT/CS-HCS BBQ

joedls

...Four pilots confirmed tonite w/ possible six total. I offered to have them drive four CSs & Machs over and meet everyone, take in the cars and scope the best flight path. After tri-tips, we'll depart for the airport... I still have 35mm but shoot mostly hi-res digital w/ Nikon D70s. Seems to print just fine.

Joe, are you coming Friday nite or Saturday a.m.? I can put you up at the big house on Friday & or Saturday if need be...

Now Tim, if I told you when I was leaving, Calif Girl would know just when I'd be coming thru her county.......

I very much appreciate the offer and may take you up on it once I finalize my plans.

Midnight Special

Now Tim, if I told you when I was leaving, Calif Girl would know just when I'd be coming thru her county.......

I very much appreciate the offer and may take you up on it once I finalize my plans.

...Roger that! We also can have "barracks" for her depending on your level of charm ;-) Another red CS would be great!

Diesel Donna

Donna;
I'll have mine with me - oops, forgot that's only a 1/18th scale. Don't think I can fit into that one let alone drive it. :icon_no:

Don :rofl:

Oh but you can make those engine noises and peel out like my little brothers did when playing with their Matchbox cars!

franklinair

Donna;
The CS would make it, but I'm not sure I would! Its got a fresh O/H'd engine, C-4, and ice cold A/C. Where as I'm not in that good shape! I'm taking the easy way - flying from ATL and driving from Sacramento. Hope to see you there.
Neil

Diesel Donna

Donna;
The CS would make it, but I'm not sure I would! Its got a fresh O/H'd engine, C-4, and ice cold A/C. Where as I'm not in that good shape! I'm taking the easy way - flying from ATL and driving from Sacramento. Hope to see you there.
Neil

If work doesn't call..I plan to be there!

CALIF GIRL

Now if I can only figure out how to get past Calif Girl :scared: :scared:

Good news for you Joe...You won't have to worry about my black and white behind you...I plan on going to the BBQ. I don't know if it will be 2 or three of us but The GT/CS, Cris and I will be there... I don't know if Danielle will be coming or not yet....

hcsstang

Donna , don't forget the fire extinguisher.
I would love to make it but the other half made plans for the Grand canyon and Las Vegas.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Donna , don't forget the fire extinguisher.
I would love to make it but the other half made plans for the Grand canyon and Las Vegas.

It's just one day, Can't you make a short detour? LOL. ;-) We're half way between the Grand Canyon and L.V., or was that Reno and Sacramento? Oh Hell, I forget. (That is what happens when you only have 2 hours of sleep). Mike

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

As of last night, 7-21, we have a confirmed 19 GT/CS-HCS cars attending, along with 45 proud owners. We still have not heard from over half of the folks who attended last year, but we still have lots of time. Just letting people know. Mike and Robinette.

P

PNewitt

Badges?

WOW...45 people? How will I know who is who?

Hey, here's an idea: We all wear badges, with our real name, and then our screen name, to connect the face to the name, and their real name?

Good idea? Yes?? Everyone just loves a nametag!!

....er....well...maybe not...

(LOL)

Paul N.

Attachments

• baadges.jpg
    baadges.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 41

Midnight Special

Mike and Robinette Jewell officially invite all GT/CS and HCS owners to come enjoy good food, make new friends, and have a good time at their home in Grass Valley, Ca. on August 18th, 2007. 11:00 am to ? Bring your favorite GT/CS or HCS, just bring yourself. This is not a car show, and there will be no judging, so bring it AS IS. We Hope to see you here. If you would like an invitation mailed to you, Please send us your mailing address by PM, and we will get one out to you. Mike and Robinette Jewell

...You too can "Make it Happen"

Attachments

• tshirte.gif
    tshirte.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 55
P

PNewitt

Here's the party flier, for those "just tuning in"....

Paul N.

Attachments

• bbqflier.gif
    bbqflier.gif
    216.7 KB · Views: 40

franklinair

Just over 2 weeks to go. I'm really looking forward to meeting so many folks, and seeing the cars "up close and personal".
Neil Hoppe

BroadwayBlue

Sorry I'm going to miss it but I'll be there in spirit.

I found a place that serves Tri-tip near my house ... supposedly the only place in NY to serve it.
I might have to go there soon... In honor of the bbq ... I need to try this stuff!

I also found out a small speciality store near me sells it in their meat case.
Maybe I'll try to make it myself :smile:

Enjoy everyone and please post lots of pics!

Midnight Special

Sorry I'm going to miss it but I'll be there in spirit.

I found a place that serves Tri-tip near my house ... supposedly the only place in NY to serve it.
I might have to go there soon... In honor of the bbq ... I need to try this stuff!

I also found out a small speciality store near me sells it in their meat case.
Maybe I'll try to make it myself :smile:

Enjoy everyone and please post lots of pics!

...Count on lots of pics Rich! I think you will see some of the best coverage imaginable for this event with an attempt to make as many of you distant feel as "included" as possible.

Regarding tri-tips; I remember a BBQ thread diverted at length to this last year ;-) I think the only way to find out for sure would be to skip NY, get a plane ticket & get on out here! You can drive one of my CSs to the BBQ so as not to feel "disrobed" ;-)

BroadwayBlue

...Count on lots of pics Rich! I think you will see some of the best coverage imaginable for this event with an attempt to make as many of you distant feel as "included" as possible.

Regarding tri-tips; I remember a BBQ thread diverted at length to this last year ;-) I think the only way to find out for sure would be to skip NY, get a plane ticket & get on out here! You can drive one of my CSs to the BBQ so as not to feel "disrobed" ;-)

Tim,
Yeah someone was very interested in finding out more about the tri-tip in that other thread. :rolleyes:

That is a VERY tempting and GENEROUS offer!!! I wish I could take you up on it but unfortunately I have another commitment that weekend. I'll take a raincheck though.

68gt390

This is going to be a long week for me. I'm already packing and getting ready to get on that big bird to the West Coast. Saturday can't get here soon enough. Look out "wine country", here I come.

Don :icon_ecst

Joe Burch

Wish I could be there, but since i moved to seattle not too many C/S up here but the few of us give you all our best wishes and enjoy the BBQ for us!! (believe it or not I live in a little town called Edmonds just norht of seattle and there are 3 C/S's within a mile of me)