• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

August 18th, 2007 GT/CS-HCS BBQ

CALIF GIRL

I still think I know the 4 answers, and I have not met Don. Wish me luck...

Midnight Special

Formation Fly-By...

...and tribute to Jay are scheduled for 12:30 at Saturday's BBQ, so please arrive on time before the picnic begins at 11:00. The goal is to position everyone for the aerial photos and moment of silence for Jay during the last of four passes over the BBQ. I will attempt to get photos (from up high) of the planes going over the cars, then come down lower for additional pics... I'm still waiting to hear if I can get a WWII AT-6 for use as a camera ship (for added nostalgia), but the two I'm looking at are being prepped for racing at Reno next month, so hopefully... All of the pilots want to come by afterwards, meet everyone and gawk at our cars!! Should be fun :) Below is part of the briefing we provided....

Attachments

• cp1.jpg
    cp1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 40
  • cp3.jpg
    cp3.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 47
  • QM8F1404.jpg
    QM8F1404.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 30
  • cp4.jpg
    cp4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 40

68gt390

It's now Monday morning and I'm here (Sunny Calif). Arrived at my son's place Saturday and have been putting furniture together since then. We did make a stop for few cold ones though. The boy has been here for 7 months and still doesn't have all his stuff unpacked. Next chore is to get his pictures hung. At least he's got the diecast on the fireplace mantel. :grin:

I'll be adding another question later today. Stay tuned.

Tim: We should see you sometime early Friday afternoon. Going to a ball game Thursday night and will be leaving Friday morning. Am looking forward to taking a lot of great pictures. See everybody in a few days.

Don :icon_ecst

Midnight Special

Tim: We should see you sometime early Friday afternoon. Going to a ball game Thursday night and will be leaving Friday morning. Am looking forward to taking a lot of great pictures. See everybody in a few days.

Don :icon_ecst

Excellent Don! I'll PM my contact info to you. 'Looking forward to Donna, Joe and CALIF GIRL being in the area too. It'll be one heck of a parade to the BBQ come Saturday A.M.!

Attachments

• IM003323.JPG
    IM003323.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 39

joedls

Excellent Don! I'll PM my contact info to you. 'Looking forward to Donna, Joe and CALIF GIRL being in the area too. It'll be one heck of a parade to the BBQ come Saturday A.M.!

Unfortuantely I won't be able to make it Friday. I'll be driving up on Saturday. I'll see you everyone at Mike's!!!

68gt390

Let's add one last question. Final question - In 1968 what was the cost of tuition to Harvard University?

Don :cool:

miller511

Mike,

Is there a good place to unload trailered GT/CS's near your place?

-Jeff

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Jeff, Sorry I didn't answer your PM. Yes, There is plenty of room for trucks and trailers to unload and park. Bring em on!!!!!!! Mike

P

PNewitt

I'm really excited about seeing everyone!!! I've never met Bob Teets (hard to imagine, after all these years), and I look forward to seeing Don, and absolutely everyone else, too!

We have quite a variety of cars coming, too. That will be great!!

I'll be bringing a video camera, and still camera, too. I hope to get folks to stand near their car for photos. I'll be asking owners questions about their cars--and we'll get a chance to compare cars by how they varied in production, and other on-the-spot comparisons. This will be awesome!!

I'm bringing a display board on the history of the GT/CS, too!

(and I'll bring those CS-decorated cakes!!)

Paul N.

C/S BRAT

Pictures from the 2006 BBQ

Hello Everyone,
My name is Amber Jewell (Mike & Robinette's daughter), and I just recently joined. I was talking with my dad this morning and he urged me to post some of the pictures that I had taken from last year's BBQ so here they are...

100_0696_Z.jpg

100_0689_Z-1.jpg

100_0683_Z.jpg

100_0678_Z.jpg

100_0677_Z.jpg

100_0663_Z.jpg

100_0654_Z.jpg

100_0653_Z.jpg

If I find some more I will post them in a little while.

C/S BRAT

Here are the rest of the pics from last years BBQ...I'll more after the weekend is over of this years BBQ so stay tuned...

cs3-b.jpg

cs4-b.jpg

cs2-b.jpg

cs5-b.jpg

cs1-b.jpg

(The orchard ladder that Tim referred to in an early post :smile: )

cs6-b.jpg

See you all this weekend...

C/S BRAT

Hey Tim,
Unfortunately I am stuck at work right now and not at home to have seen the show :sad: but from what my mom just said...her words exactly..."IT WAS AWESOME"! Can't wait to see it on Saturday :grin: !!

P

PNewitt

Hi Amber,

"Thank gosh" that the "computer literate" member of the family is now here!!! (LOL)... Whoosshh!!

That looks like me up on that ladder. Yep. Everyone looked at me like "you're not going up THAT are you?"....

We need to find you a CS....even if it's a metal toy.

Thanks for coming onto this site, and posting the photos. Your parents are very fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter as you.

See ya at the party,

Paul N.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Yes Paul, She is the computer literate one in the family. Any kid entering Kindergarten these days can usually run a computer better than their folks.
It's kinda funny, Today she joins the site, and tonight she asked if she could take the C/S to dinner. I told Robinette today that it wouldn't take long until she was hooked. I quess I will have to start locking the keys in the safe. LOL. Mike

P

PNewitt

And, oh, ummm....by the way, AMBER, they never made 390 GT/CSs, and certainly not in Highland Green (did I say the right thing, Mike?).

...and..um...they don't drive well, Amber, and, gosh, you wouldn't want one, especially in, say, gold metalflake, or, that dark green color.

...(pssst....Mike....just pass the $20 to me at the party. "mum" is the word to Amber).

Whew!! Boy!! That was close!

Paul (more clever than he looks) N.

Midnight Special

Like the...

...Deck of an aircraft carrier before an important mission! We're ready!
Destination; Assault on Chicago Park. Even the firetruck is ready (for when Donna starts her car;-)

Attachments

• IM001122.JPG
    IM001122.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 33
  • IM001123.JPG
    IM001123.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IM001126.JPG
    IM001126.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IM001128.JPG
    IM001128.JPG