• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

August 18th, 2007 GT/CS-HCS BBQ

68gt390

And of course there is that silly little thing called work that does not allow us to go to the bbq. Maybe next time. :)

Joe;
I bought my CS out of Seattle several years ago. I have seen several big block CS's selling out of that area over the past few years. Maybe you can make it next year. I'm looking forward to a great time. Besides, it gives me a chance to get away from the job for awhile. You can only deal with the glitz and glammer so long.

Don :icon_bore

68gt390

I'm going to post a little bit of a triva contest for those of us at the BBQ.

I hope Mike and Robinette don't mind me doing this but, the first 3 people at the BBQ who can find or identify me and answer the following questions I'll have a prize for you.

1. Who were the College Football Champions for 1968?

2. Who won the Indianapolis 500 in 1968?

3. Miss America came from what State in 1968?

and the tie breaker -

4. What was the cost of a dozen eggs in 1968?

This is easy for me, I know who I am and so does Diesel Donna (can she remember from last summer - The 428). I have all the answers. They are easy to find except for maybe #4. They are all precise answers including question #4 but, the 1st 3 folks with the closest answer on #4 get the prize. Any incorrect answer to the first 3 and you are eliminated from competition. This is all in fun.

Who can find the fine print with all the disclaimers?

Don :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Don, That is a great idea. Since I will know who you are when you arrive, I will eliminate myself from the compitition. Saves me time trying to find the answers anyways. LOL. Mike

Diesel Donna

Don, That is a great idea. Since I will know who you are when you arrive, I will eliminate myself from the compitition. Saves me time trying to find the answers anyways. LOL. Mike

I'm with Mike, Haha!! I can identify Don and I can probably get close to the answer for #4 but the other questions would have me stumped!!

bztz4m

Well I believe I found all four now but now for the hard part to find Don..
The search begins....

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

OK FOLKS, you guys and gals can figure out how to find Don, but one thing we will NOT do is make this a Masquerade Party. LOL Mike

68gt390

...Don will be meeting us in Alta Sierra on Friday. We'll bribe him w/ not letting him take the 390 to the BBQ then split the prize b/w CALIF GIRL & me!

Such the plan ;-)))

Tim;
Please tell me that is not so. Trust me, I have some extra prizes to go around and yes - Tim, You even get one. Can I now drive the 390 - PLEASEEEEEEE.

Don :cry:

68gt390

I'm with Mike, Haha!! I can identify Don and I can probably get close to the answer for #4 but the other questions would have me stumped!!

It must be the 428 she remembers????????????????? :grin:

Answer to question #1 is easy - What state am I coming from?

I never said we would not add questions to this as we go. Heck, we have a whole week to play this out. This could be fun. It's all about trivia.

See everybody on the 18th.

68gt390

Folks; It's now Thursday night in Ohio (9 Aug 07) and I'm so pumped for my trip to Cali I can't even tell you how excited I am. After 16 years being away I am truly looking forward to this trip. Even before all this started, Mike, Robinette and Tim had me peaked long before now. I now just have to try and contain all this excitement. As you all can tell I just keep typing.

Don

bztz4m

It must be the 428 she remembers????????????????? :grin:

Answer to question #1 is easy - What state am I coming from?

I never said we would not add questions to this as we go. Heck, we have a whole week to play this out. This could be fun. It's all about trivia.

See everybody on the 18th.

Could it be O&*O st...................

Lets check the score board....

Diesel Donna

Don won't be hard to spot because he will be the one with a huge smile all the time! :grin:

Diesel Donna

Okay, I have all the answers but I still have to recuse myself from the game just on account of I know who the mystery man is.