• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rebuilding Joe's White GT/CS

P

PNewitt

First of all, if you don't get over to the "off-topic" section much, you might like to get a look at page 2 of 'OUCH". Here is the URL:

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5366&page=2

Now, I know that this may be premature, and I also know that Joe isn't one to outwardly ask for help like this, but I would like to see what we could do to help him out, with his (sadly) wrecked GT/CS.

When he feels up to it, and is recovered (to his usual handsome self!), we need to first find out just what condition the car is in. If it's not "totalled", and rebuildable, then like a "good 'ol barn-raising", I'd like to see our community gather together to see what he needs are to get this beauty back to normal. OR....if it means that he needs a replacement CS, then we'll go find one for him. We have the resources to do this.

I'll begin with a promise to find you 2 Lucas Square 8 Fog lights, and pedistals--if you need them (I can't tell if those were the ones crushed or not)...

And....If you would like, I'll hunt down inner fenders, core support, etc.

So--It's your call, Joe. Let us know what you need, and we'll get it for you. I have all kinds of contacts and favors to collect to get all kinds of things for you. I don't mean to "embarrass" you, but to show my support for a great guy that had some really bad luck lately. This is what we're all about.

Get well, and I wanna see that blower running again! Joe's GT/CS is one of the BEST examples of what owning a Mustang in Southern California is all about--and I'd like to see that preserved. We're talking automotive history here...

Paul N.

rvrtrash

I think I know where a '67 dash (metal part) is at. I volunteer to pull it, strip it, paint it and ship it.

Steve (What Dad's are for--bailing the kids out of tight fixes :grin: )

Perkchiro

When Joe makes a decision on the damage, maybe he can make a parts list and we can all scour our areas for parts. Count me in!

Diesel Donna

Didn't Joe get a Lucas light kit at the Grass Valley BBQ? I was thinking he could start there! I hope no one thinks I don't care because I haven't posted anything to Joe here....I got on the phone instead, the second I saw about his wreck.
Joe, I'm here for you if you need anything. Tim goes to Ventura (NPD Mustang Parts) fairly often and we can get some things if you need them.
We also have a car trailer if the CS needs to be hauled anywhere. You call, we haul! How's the wildfire down your way?

~~~~Donna

joedls

All I can say is, WOW!!! I am overwhelmed with emotion by the generosity of the people on this forum.

I'm not sure what my plans are for the car. I just filed a claim on Monday. The adjuster came out today and said they were going to total it. He'll let me know how much they'll want for me to buy it back. So until I get all the insurance issues handled, get healed up, and possibly tear the car down (if I purchase it), I don't have a plan.

BTW, Paul, I still have the lights you gave me at the BBQ. And Donna, my house is OK, just don't like to be outside much. The air sucks.

You guys are the BEST :thumb:

Skychief

Joe, glad you are going to be ok. I have some spare parts and may have access to others. When you figure out what you are going to do I'm in to help as I can.
Ken

nfrntau

Joe, I just read this post and saw your photos. Wow!! It must have been REALLY REALLY Exciting for a moment saddled with pure OH SH!!!!
As said before the car is just that, a car. Your health is much more important and I'm happy to hear you are alive and will heal.
As for the insurance buy back, I'm not speaking for myself as I have what I need but your CS scoops and rear end should be worth some $$. Even if you decided not to accept their offer, someone on the site might like to accept it from you, or you could Ebay it for a parts car. It would be a shame to let the insurance company destroy it.

Diesel Donna

On the lighter side...I was thinking of taking my Wimbeldon White diecast CS and smacking the front end in and mailing it to Joe. ::::::::ducking:::::::::::::

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

On the lighter side...I was thinking of taking my Wimbeldon White diecast CS and smacking the front end in and mailing it to Joe. ::::::::ducking:::::::::::::

DONNNAAAA!!! I can't beleive you said that!! Slap your hand! Whack Whack!! (LOL!)

And to think I was gonna say that it would make a neat snowplow....(well, in a "Pimp My Ride" world)...NOT!

Seriously, folks, thank you for stepping forward to offer your help to Joe. This is tremendous!

Let's hope that he can buy back the CS, and rebuild it.

thanks again!
Paul N.

Diesel Donna

Hey, Joe would have expected me to pop off with something!
As soon as I knew he was alright, I've been dying to say that.

joedls

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wouldn't expect anything else from you, Donna. When can I expect it?

jk89cat

i just posted up my parts i have to sell , i have 2 complete grilles in parts and a set of black body lucas 8's i have nos headlamp buckets and 2 hoods

davidathans

hey joe, im really sorry about your car, at least your ok...you didnt have return springs on your throttle? why did this happen? i have two return springs on my carburetor...1 is a safety requirement at the track and the other is just in case the 1st one fails...i guess it really doesnt matter at this point, my deepest sympathy goes out to you

@Holmes

Joe, I was not aware of this. Had seen this thread when it was started but did not know about your loss. As far as I can tell, I watched the dyno video and:
(1) if the accident was caused by a faulty carb, engine build or instal, accepting the money from the insurance co might negate those claims;
(2) the salvage buyback option price should be included in the insurance settelment package, don't try to negotiate this afterward;
(3) the next biggest expense I can think of is the clip, see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-6...009QQitemZ190162607632QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Don't know of the manufactuer, but with a little leg work it could be found.

Was the firewall damage bad? I know you mentioned the dash. Does the motor turn?

Attachments

• edd8_1.jpg
    edd8_1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 27

joedls

hey joe, im really sorry about your car, at least your ok...you didnt have return springs on your throttle? why did this happen? i have two return springs on my carburetor...1 is a safety requirement at the track and the other is just in case the 1st one fails...i guess it really doesnt matter at this point, my deepest sympathy goes out to you

I had a return spring. It is still on there. I think one of the zip-ties holding the AC hose on to my export brace broke and the hose dropped down far enough to hang up my throttle linkage.

joedls

Joe, I was not aware of this. Had seen this thread when it was started but did not know about your loss. As far as I can tell, I watched the dyno video and:
(1) if the accident was caused by a faulty carb, engine build or instal, accepting the money from the insurance co might negate those claims;
(2) the salvage buyback option price should be included in the insurance settelment package, don't try to negotiate this afterward;
(3) the next biggest expense I can think of is the clip, see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-66-67-68-69-shelby-GT-Mustang-front-frame-clip-new_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ009QQitemZ190162607632QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Don't know of the manufactuer, but with a little leg work it could be found.

Was the firewall damage bad? I know you mentioned the dash. Does the motor turn?

There won't be any suits coming from me. It was just a freak accident and I believe we have too much litigation in our society now.

As far as rebuilding the car, as I wrote in my earlier post, I haven't made any decisions yet.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for their generosity. I am grateful to be part of such a community.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I had a return spring. It is still on there. I think one of the zip-ties holding the AC hose on to my export brace broke and the hose dropped down far enough to hang up my throttle linkage.

Hey Joe!

If that is what happened, you might see something on the VHS tape I'm sending of your CS at the BBQ. I did some under hood footage.

"IF" you decide to restore your CS, one idea I have is to put either a full '68 Shelby nose on the front, OR get a '68 Shelby hood, and extend (custom work) the front of it, like a stock Mustang hood, with the trim, etc.

That way, you'd have room for the blower, and it would look pretty cool!

Take Care--

Paul N.