• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Coil Spring Compressor

franklinair

Anyone in CA know Christian Nassif (cnassif on this site) ? I loaned him my coil spring compressor a few months ago, and expected it back by now. Sent him a PM in mid December, but no response. It's a MOOG tool, rare & expensive, so I don't want to lose it. Any help would be appreciated..

Neil (Trusting Soul) Hoppe:scared:

joedls

I don't know him, but if he's close to my area and you have an address, I don't mind paying him a visit for you.

Doug

Neil - Do you know the are that he lives in? I am just north of LA in Valencia. I do travel all around CA so almost any area would be okay. Good luck.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Anyone near Chula Vista? I don't have a clue as to that location. If you can help, I'll PM his address to respect privacy.

Neil

robert campbell

Neil,
This sucks. You are such a helpful person. This guy better step up and return your tool. Nothing pisses me off more than losing a tool to some thoughtless person.

Rob

joedls

I live about 85 miles from Chula Vista, but I'll be heading down in that area in about a month or so. I'll let you know when I do. If you haven't heard from him by then, I'll pay him a visit.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thanks Joe, that would be a big help. I was hoping someone lives near Chula Vista (suburb of San Diego??) that could check for me. Perhaps even get a phone#, and I'd try calling. I had shipped the correct Mustang spring discs and compressor shaft along with photos of how to assemble the 3 parts. Now I'm nervous about losing them since I have had no response to my PM that I sent to Christian last month. His handle on this site is cnassif, for Christian Nassif.
I have his home address, but don't want to put it on the thread in order to respect his privacy. But if anyone is able/willing to check it out for me I'll PM the address. Thanks,

Neil

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Neil,

Hopefully this is just an issue of poor communication. Do you have an email or phone number for him? The PM you sent hasn't been read by him because he hasn't logged in to the site since late Nov. So if you have an alternate way of contacting him I would try that for sure. If you need an email for him PM me.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I tried contacting Christian Nassif (both PM & e-mail) with no response. His address is: Christian Nassif, 1311 Montera St., Chula Vista, CA. This is the address where I UPS'd my coil spring compressor tool.
If anyone lives nearby - or - could swing by & see if anyone's there - or see if there is a phone listing, I'd REALLY appreciate it. As it stands now, I'm out of an important tool for trying to help a fellow site member.:sad:

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

No joy.
I'v sent PM's, E-mail, but NO response from Christian. No way of knowing if he's even @ that address any longer.
If anyone can go to that area/address and see if anyone is still there, I'd be your best friend. The thought of losing that tool just kills me. I looked long & hard to find that tool: its the same mfr (MOOG) that I'd used in my dad's garage for years, and it is the best/safest coil spring tool I've ever seen in 50 years.
I tried to do him a favor, and so far it looks like it backfired. I'm NOT a happy camper over this.:cry:

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Rob-
That's the exact toolset I have, now missing the threaded shaft & 2 plates. If I had seen this in time, I woulda bought it. It sold for $99 + shipping - not a bad price.

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Are you guys kidding!? You don't need to do anything like that. I've long held the philosophy of being responsible for one's actions, be it positive OR negative. Your caring & generosity goes beyond belief.
I'll find another, one day. And there will be peace in the valley!

Neil

joedls

Niel,

I apologize. I was just down in that area and forgot all about this. I will remember next time I go down in that area and PM you for his address.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Things get more wierd. CJ found some phone #'s for me, and tonite I called San Diego. A young woman answered. I identified myself, calling from North Carolina, and said I was trying to contact Christian Nassiff. She asked me why and I told her that I had loaned him a tool a few months ago, and had not heard back from Christian as far as returning my tool. She said he is her brother and was out of town, and that he had been working on her Mustang. I said its a great hobby. She then replied, "You've got the wrong number." And hung up.:eek: I guess I can kiss my spring compressor goodbye.:cry:

Neil