• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Sports Car Graphic

Mosesatm

Here is a little blurb about the "New '68 GT/CS" in the June 1968 edition of Sports Car Graphic.

Attachments

• 1968 June SCG Cover Small.jpg
    1968 June SCG Cover Small.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 1968 June SCG Cover P81 Small.jpg
    1968 June SCG Cover P81 Small.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

All us magazine collectors should compare notes one of these days and compile a comprehensive GT/CS, HCS magazine list.

P

PNewitt

I think a side note of interest is that these magazines give a pretty good insight of what life was like back then.

You'll find ads to join the Army, goofy chrome accessories with women's faces, and things to buy...muscle cars with even more horsepower...and lots of parts.

About the time the CS was being sold ,we lost Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King...and the Vietman war was being protested...and we were off to the moon. A pretty intense time....yet the economy was doing well...

Thanks to Arlie for going to the trouble to find these issues. I have one for the book that I found at a swap meet...and in this SCG, they aren't all that impressed with the GT/CS....

If you're on a hunt for GT/CS-era magazines...begin with the Feb or March 1968 issues...and until about July. There was about a three month lag time between when news was made available and issues produced. I'll have a list of these--and newspapers--in the book's appendix (in part thanks to Arlie for sending me a list on CD).

We owe Arlie a big thanks for going to all this trouble for us.

Paul N.