• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

67 Bronco progress

Matstng

In order to get the CS in the shop I wanted to get the body back on the Bronco so I could have a bit more room to move around. Working on this one got me re-modivated to work on this.
I really need to pair down the projects. :icon_no:

2012-06-24_11-50-33_794.jpg

2012-06-24_12-10-21_347.jpg

A special thanks to my wife for her help getting this done. She was a big help in guiding the body down over the motor and made sure everything cleared.

Maine gt/cs

Bronco

I restored a 1969 Bronco Sport a few years back. It had the 302 with the three speed on the tree. I wish I kept the truck. By far the 66 to 77 Broncos are the best looking early 4 wheel drive made. Good luck with the restoration.

Tim

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Thanks Tim,
This one has a 5.0 complete with EFI. The original plan was to use many of the parts from a Fox Mustang for the build. My plans my be changing in order to get it on the road sooner than later. I'll be working on this in parrallel with the GT/CS.

Northern Pony

Matt;
Now that's two people i know of with same interest in cars. You and our ilustrious web master Jon, both with a GT/CS and a Bronco. Around here a lot of Broncos are coming out with fresh and excellent restorations, and going for very big bucks when they are done. In case you are un-aware check out Jon's other web site, classic broncos.com and good luck with both your restorations. Lot's of work.
BoB

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Matt;
Now that's two people i know of with same interest in cars. You and our ilustrious web master Jon, both with a GT/CS and a Bronco. Around here a lot of Broncos are coming out with fresh and excellent restorations, and going for very big bucks when they are done. In case you are un-aware check out Jon's other web site, classic broncos.com and good luck with both your restorations. Lot's of work.
BoB

Thanks Bob, I've been a member at classicbroncos for several years. Those guys are a great asset to the hobby and I drop in there on a regular basis for feedback and research.
Old Fords rule!!! :D

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Cool! What other plans do you have for the Bronco?

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Cool! What other plans do you have for the Bronco?

I want to use as much as I can from the Fox Mustang including power windows and locks, the complete dash with instruments, A/C, and wiring, even want to install the dome/map light from the Mustang. It's gonna be a pain but I think it'll be a unique blend of the two vehicles.

I still have work to do on the bottom side but am looking forward to laying in the dash.

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

After all that talk, I think I've sold the Bronco. A guy made me an offer I couln't refuse and is sending a deposit (we'll see).
Only problem is he wants me finish everything except paint and wants it soon.
Look like the GT/CS will be put on hold while I work on this, at least I'll have the money for all the parts I need. :grin:

Finished restoring the pedal assy today, tomorrow I'll do a little welding so I can pull the body back off to blast and paint the engine bay and prime inside the tub. Time to get dirty.

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Pulled the body again, blasted the interior and got it in primer.
2012-07-22_09-59-56_944.jpg

2012-07-30_19-16-33_206.jpg

Now, on to the engine bay and wheel wells

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Thought I'd give a quick update:
Had another motor rebuilt to go carb and sold the 5.0 EFI which was in it.
New wiring harness mounted but not routed
Pedals in but still need to hook up the clutch and master cylinder (tonight)
Dash is in but guages not yet wired.

I expect to have it fired up by next weekend and should have the hood on maybe hard top on tonight.

2012-09-05_22-12-39_927.jpg

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

All the body panels are on and the new motor is running. I've begun preping under the dash for the Vintage Air Gen IV A/C install this week.

2012-09-23_14-33-25_986.jpg

2012-09-23_14-34-12_884.jpg

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

The VP at Vintage Air talked me into installing the Gen IV system which they have not yet created a bolt-in Bronco kit. I'm the second one doing this so this should be fun.
Parts arrived yesterday, I've torn into all the boxes and mounted the brackets to see if they will work.... it's lookin good. More pics to follow.
2012-09-27_17-51-14_992.jpg

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

The A/C install is moving along. Evaporator, condenser, dryer, and compressor are in and work has started on routing the hoses. The wiring has also been set roughly in place. Hoses should be cut and crimped over the weekend with hopes that the A/C wiring is also complete.
I still need to wire the whole truck... not looking forward to that.

2012-10-04_19-53-44_15.jpg

2012-09-30_16-12-38_515.jpg