• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'67 HCS Convertible on eBay

390cs68rcode

67 and 68 dashes are 95% the same. I think it is different on where the far sides attach to the lower part of the dash

mmarsalone

That looks like a 67' dash from the pictures. The differences between the 67 and 68s are: Fuel and Alt guages (or oil pressure) are swapped, the turn signal lights are different, the belt warning light is in the dash on a 68. Also, on AC cars, the control knobs and the side vents are different between the two years.

CALIF GIRL

I not positive but I think 67's has a blue dot for the high beam indicator and the 68 has the red pony.

Mustanglvr

I thought the 67`s were done with an aluminum front or wood grain, not black camera case and a circular Mustang emblem over the glove box.

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

I thought we were talking about the differences in dash pads.

yes, 67 and 68 instrument/gauge panels are different from 67 and 68.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
I thought the 67`s were done with an aluminum front or wood grain, not black camera case and a circular Mustang emblem over the glove box.

'67 Deluxe is aluminum with a round emblem
'68 Deluxe is wood grain with a round emblem
The standard dash panels for both years are black with rectangular emblems

hicountrybob

390cs68rcode said:
67 and 68 dashes are 95% the same. I think it is different on where the far sides attach to the lower part of the dash
Where did this "the far sides attach to the lower part of the dash" theory originate or come from. That's bologna. The only difference between '67 and '68 pads is the cutout area on the top to expose the vin tag info up there. HC Bob here.

hicountrybob

Mosesatm said:
These people (Nathan) called me the day or so before this car was listed. The 416 stuff and much of his other dialogue sounds like he had a tape running as we talked. He was told "THIS IS NOT A '67 HCS", ie. for example March build date (where as '67 HCS were June 27 and 30 build dates), DSO numbers way too early, emblems in trunk, NO MARTI REPORT, bla, bla, bla. Jason Stevens is one lucky person in that he was out bidded 'cause a buyer is going to get burned on this car when he gets it. Then the trail will go on and on and on for me because we'll be hearing from new owners for years to come. NATHAN, SHAME ON YOU, putting on like you were an enthusiast, where as now you really appear to be one of those car salesmen that we read about AND I really like how you've worded your ad ie. The owner says this and the owner says that. You know what, Nathan, you're good and you may just pull this off. Good luck, HC Bob here.

390cs68rcode

My $16500 bid would have been fine for me to spend even if it wasn't a HCS. looks like a nice vert, guess it is too bad it isn't a HCS.

390cs68rcode

hicountrybob said:
Where did this "the far sides attach to the lower part of the dash" theory originate or come from. That's bologna. The only difference between '67 and '68 pads is the cutout area on the top to expose the vin tag info up there. HC Bob here.

something I remember from when I bought a dash for a 68. Was asked this question (67 or 68) from a parts house. I remember them telling me the bolts on the side were different.

RedGTvert

390cs68rcode said:
My $16500 bid would have been fine for me to spend even if it wasn't a HCS. looks like a nice vert, guess it is too bad it isn't a HCS.

I agree with you. It is hard to tell from the purposely crappy pictures, but even if it is just a vert that would have been a decent price.

rvrtrash

I think I would take Bob's word for it since he's spent his life researching these cars. Did the Ford dealer provide you with some sort of print out or report that listed it as a HCS or was it someone's opinion? A Marti report or Ford 999 that listed it as such would be the best documentation to have. The Ford report is free but doesn't always list the stuff you need and I think the cheapest Marti is only about $7.00 or so. If the car is yours, I'd invest a little extra to prove it is as represented.

Steve

joedls

johnsdelle said:
i think this is a hcs thats what ford in denmark says no matter what bob says:rolleyes:

I have to agree with Steve. Your assertions aren't going to hold much water over Bob's with this group. He is the HCS Guru!

hicountrybob

johnsdelle said:
i think this is a hcs thats what ford in denmark says no matter what bob says:rolleyes:
Who is or what is this "ford of denmark" stuff? written, verbal or what? "Me" thinks this needs to go away until you show us the "gold" or whatever.