• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Sorry for the downtime

admin

Staff member
Administrator
My apologies to everyone for the recent downtime. At 2 1/2 days this outage has the dubious distinction of the longest in site history. :rolleyes:

Several things were going on, but in a nutshell the hard drive started throwing errors and had to be completely wiped. Then there were some hardware issues with the new drive, then some software issues, then who knows what else. It's been a long week for me so far.

Anyway, with any luck it's up again for good. I already have a second hard drive just for backups, but I had them add a third in RAID1 configuration with the main drive. So if the drive fails again the 2nd mirror will keep the site up. Not the cheapest solution, but in retrospect something I should have done at the beginning.

Mustanger

Thank you, Jon, for fixing the problem ... like I said on another thread, after a week of being on vacation, I came back to the site being down and I was wondering if I was going to be "okay" ...

luisa2552

I have been so busy this summer, I've hardly had time to check in and when I did, it didn't work! I thought it was my computer!! Thanks for the fix...

Diesel Donna

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :::::::::Heavy sigh:::::::::::: My withdrawal pains are over. :cheesy:

Diesel Donna

Jon, can we make donations to the site to help out?
What would we do without you! All you guys are my virtual family....A lot of networking goes on here that would never happen if it wasn't for this site.

~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

In the background, "everyone" was e-mailing each other frantically asking if it was "their" computer acting up, or if it was the site....

There was this mass-withdrawal goin' on all over the country!

Actually--we greatly appreciate your efforts (and fixits, and upgrades) for us to communicate with each other...it sure makes my job easier--running the registry!

thanks, Jon!

Paul.

rvrtrash

I was going into withdrawals, stumbling around muttering to myself. I even went to two different libraries to see if I could get on with their computers. Dr. Von Quack was going to be very busy.
Steve

rvrtrash

Diesel Donna said:
Jon, can we make donations to the site to help out?
What would we do without you! All you guys are my virtual family....A lot of networking goes on here that would never happen if it wasn't for this site.

~~~~Donna

I agree. Jon if you would like to make up a paypal account for donations to this site, I would be happy to donate. Even if everyone only gave $5.00, that would help a little.
Steve

nfrntau

PNewitt said:
In the background, "everyone" was e-mailing each other frantically asking if it was "their" computer acting up, or if it was the site....

There was this mass-withdrawal goin' on all over the country!

Actually--we greatly appreciate your efforts (and fixits, and upgrades) for us to communicate with each other...it sure makes my job easier--running the registry!

thanks, Jon!

Paul.

This was me, I was having the DT's
..... I'm better now!

zozobra

no apologies needed

I've owned my CS only since late March of this year. I have found out it is not the 90% restored car I was led to believe so I have spent a great deal of time on this site garnering information needed to try and get it running and then right. Slowly the car is getting to be something to really enjoy driving. I was devastated when the site went down, but only because it is such a great site. So I say no apologies are needed but rather a hearty thanks for the hard work required to keep the site up. Maybe some day I can have photos of mine on the site but until then keep up the wonderful job.