• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone in Carson City, NV?

joedls

I'm seriously considering the purchase of a GT/CS that is currently in Carson City, NV. Anyone in that area that can take a look at the car for me?

nates68

carsoncity

Im in carson city,I would be happy to look@ the car.Iv owned mine for 18 years so i know these cars.also i have lived here for 35 years. Just let me now what you want. nates68

Forsche

Im in carson city,I would be happy to look@ the car.Iv owned mine for 18 years so i know these cars.also i have lived here for 35 years. Just let me now what you want. nates68

So did you ever end up taking a look at this car? Would be interested to know what kind of shape it is in. Thanks.

whodat

I would also like to know how that car looks and the options it has.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

That was a car for sale over 5 years ago. I don't even remember what car it was. To tell you the truth, I don't think I ever even had Nate look at it because I ended up buying an 07 GT/CS.

nates68

I looked at it for you.It has sold .Was in fair cond. not worth the price at that time. I cant find this other one in Carson that will go up forsale the guy died that owed it. If i do i will let everone know.

Nate

Forsche

I looked at it for you.It has sold .Was in fair cond. not worth the price at that time. I cant find this other one in Carson that will go up forsale the guy died that owed it. If i do i will let everone know.

Nate

Hi Nate. I just purchased the one that has been discussed....the guy who died with the gold in his house. Purchased is sight unseen so will be interesting to see what I have. I live in Atlanta so will be a couple of weeks before I am able to get it back here. Will keep you all informed. I believe it is all original with 44,000 miles.

Forsche

Hi Nate. I just purchased the one that has been discussed....the guy who died with the gold in his house. Purchased is sight unseen so will be interesting to see what I have. I live in Atlanta so will be a couple of weeks before I am able to get it back here. Will keep you all informed. I believe it is all original with 44,000 miles.

One interesting thing I noted from the few poor pics that I received is that the rear light panel is painted argent silver. Hasn't there been some question as to whether any of these cars came with the argent paint from the factory?

Thankss

Forsche

One interesting thing I noted from the few poor pics that I received is that the rear light panel is painted argent silver. Hasn't there been some question as to whether any of these cars came with the argent paint from the factory?

Thankss

Here is one poor pic of the car.

Attachments

• 041 (2).jpg
    041 (2).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 35

di81977

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the site. When was the auction? Should be a pretty interesting car. What made you decide to buy it? Post more pictures when you get a chance. Any other details...engine, options, etc?

David

Forsche

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the site. When was the auction? Should be a pretty interesting car. What made you decide to buy it? Post more pictures when you get a chance. Any other details...engine, options, etc?

David

Thanks. I had been looking for an original mustang for my wife and the story behind this one was very unique. Could be a money pit since it has been sitting but I'm a sucker for a good challenge to bring an old car back. My hope is that it is good enough to leave original. I'd much prefer an all original car to a restored one. I have a 1968 F100 which is 100% original with 45k miles.

Options:
302 Engine
Lime Gold
Ivy Gold interior
Extra Cooling package
Auto
3.0 Limited Slip
Locking Differential
Am Radio
Heavy Duty Battery
Console
Tinted Glass
Argent Wheels
Power steering
Pwoer Brakes

Here are a few more pics

Attachments

• Samaszko Car (1).jpg
    Samaszko Car (1).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 041 (2).jpg
    041 (2).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 32
  • 038 (2).jpg
    038 (2).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 45

Mosesatm

Will you please post the VIN or send it to Somethingspecial (Mike) so he can add it to the registry?

Thanks

Midnight Special

...Hey Nate, this may be the one you told me about three years ago! You said you saw an elder lady leaving a Carson City grocery store in a green CS with a black hood scoop! We were talking (and dreaming) at a time when the subject of the missing R-code was being discussed... Remember?

Too bad (IMO) that someone incorrectly put a scoop on this car. Looks pretty decent otherwise...

franklinair

Very interesting, and a NICE looking CS. I'd love to see the Marti- to see how it originally rolled off the assembly line. In fact, it looks so good I wouldn't be surprised if it was restored sometime in its past. I don't care for the added scoop on the hood, and IIRC all CS models had the tail light panel body color rather than argent.
I'm only a couple hours north of Atlanta, and would like to see your new car, on one of my trips to 'the big city'.

Neil Hoppe
Franklin, NC

Forsche

Very interesting, and a NICE looking CS. I'd love to see the Marti- to see how it originally rolled off the assembly line. In fact, it looks so good I wouldn't be surprised if it was restored sometime in its past. I don't care for the added scoop on the hood, and IIRC all CS models had the tail light panel body color rather than argent.
I'm only a couple hours north of Atlanta, and would like to see your new car, on one of my trips to 'the big city'.

Neil Hoppe
Franklin, NC

Thanks, Neil. Happy to let you know when it is in Atlanta and I have it sorted. May be a couple of months. Not at all sure what I'm getting into yet. Thanks. I'll be interested to look at that argent rear panel as I know it is highly likely that this is repainted. I'm completely unsure as to whether the car has been restored in the past. Thanks