• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 C4 to shifter attaching parts

dalorzo_f

Have misplaced the parts off the GTCS.

NPD lists a bushing set, part 7343-1, but notes it as 65-67. Not sure if it applies to a '68, but think so. Also noted 7341, the bushing but unfortunately out of stock with NPD for 65-71 C4/C6 applications...

Anyone got a photo of the parts to connect the shift rod (7326) to the lever arm on the base of the shifter. The rod has the pin to go thru the bushing attached. Seeing what I am looking for would be helpful in the boxes and bags of spare parts...

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks, don't bu from CJ Pony ateer one bad expereicne that cost me almost $200 for parts that do not fit and are on the shelf... refused to do anything.

I saw NPD has this

https://d2zl5tj7gmc4tr.cloudfront.net/store/images/products/7343-1.jpg

and am trying to figure out if it is the same. Not sure why it has two bushings and 4 washers, unless its one for each end (which doesn't seem to match the drawings/part numbers I saw. I have the big grommet in the CJ kit shown already in the lever off the shift selector, just need the bushing...

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Scott, nope. I have the bolt attached to the rod. Just need the bits to get that to the shift lever... looks like the bushing in the kit is what I am missing as the bolt flops around in the grommet... probably one small baggie with the bushing, a pair of flat washers and a spring clip somewhere among the piles of spares in the two workspaces... :undecided

Thanks.