• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Console

TIM

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF A 67 CONSOLE CAN BE CHANGED TO A 68. iS THE DIFFERENCE JUST THE PADDING?

PFSlim

Since we are talking about consoles, wanted to bring up this idea again. We we installed our console, we had a gap above the console that we could not seem to get closed. We had our guy who recovered our seats figure out a solution.

It is basically some material, wrapped like a cord, cut to the right lenght, then pinched in above the console.

Anyway, I idea for those who might have the same problem.

Paul

Attachments

• Stang477.JPG
    Stang477.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 31

PFSlim

TIM said:
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF A 67 CONSOLE CAN BE CHANGED TO A 68. iS THE DIFFERENCE JUST THE PADDING?

Tim

I am sure there are quite a few pictures of the 68 console out here on the site. If you need more info, just ask.

Paul

P

PNewitt

I've seen this console "alignment" problem a lot. Mine even has it. It's as if you "drag" the console up into position with those two top sheet metal screws. Then the bottom of the console kinda just hangs there.

I've wondered if you could just put more padding under the carpet, at the "hump" area under the console--mostly under the dash--and that would take care of that 1/4-1/2" gap.

The "gap" might be an indicator of the car "settling" (like an old house) between the floor pan and the dash, at that location. (???)

Paul N.

68sunlitgold

Paul,
I have the same "gap" you have and I am looking for someone to make the filler for me. I think it is a GREAT idea. Thanks again for sharing it.

Doug

P

PNewitt

Perhaps we could encourage Scott Drake to make new console pad sections that go around the radio and sliding door. I guess the hardest part would be the "faux" stitching on the edges.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

PNewitt said:
Perhaps we could encourage Scott Drake to make new console pad sections that go around the radio and sliding door. I guess the hardest part would be the "faux" stitching on the edges.

Paul N.

i agree! I could also add to that list the 68 CJ hood to air cleaner seal, starter delay and AC brackets for the CJ's. there arew many other items I cannot figure out why they don't make (interior sail panel grills for fastbacks.)

joedls

390cs68rcode said:
i agree! I could also add to that list the 68 CJ hood to air cleaner seal, starter delay and AC brackets for the CJ's. there arew many other items I cannot figure out why they don't make (interior sail panel grills for fastbacks.)

Hey Jason,

Have you tried fordramair.com?

390cs68rcode

joedls said:
Hey Jason,

Have you tried fordramair.com?

yes, he contacted me a few days ago and said a repro one should be out in a few weeks. I prefer original but will buy a repro until I get a real one.

thanks