• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Could this be the beginning of the rise in CS prices?

Mosesatm

Ha, I posted mine 6 minutes before you posted yours. So there.:tongue:

Canuck CSter

Not to pressure Paul at all, but the sooner the book comes out the better.

Still think Ford should include a original copy of his new book with each sale of the New 2007/2008 CS cars.

Every dog has his day and ours is apoun us, good luck to everyone.

I've amost secured my showroom floor space with a local dealer for the lauch of the new ones.

DR

On a lighter side, the new challenger is as good an effort as I have seen from the big 3 in mending old and new. What a nice looking car even for non- mopar guy.

Mosesatm

Canuck CSter said:
the new challenger is as good an effort as I have seen from the big 3 in mending old and new. What a nice looking car even for non- mopar guy.

This may sound a little odd but I think it looks TOO MUCH like the original. While the new Mustang looks like a modern car with retro touches the Challenger looks like an old car to me. The old farts like us will like it but it might not be modern enough for the kids.

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
This may sound a little odd but I think it looks TOO MUCH like the original. While the new Mustang looks like a modern car with retro touches the Challenger looks like an old car to me. The old farts like us will like it but it might not be modern enough for the kids.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :icon_ecst Ha Ha, Arlie said FARTS.

sam

Looks like this re-inforces the fact that our 68 Calspecs are gaining recognition/value. I wonder if the local Ford dealer would have any interest in displaying an original 68 when the new CS is launched.
Has anyone seen any pics of the new one?

.....on a more somber note...............let's hope Bill Ford can save the Company.............but I just can't envision a hybrid Stang!
Sam

CalPaul

So this CS has numbers matching block & tranny. Can we infer that all else(heads, intake, exhaust) are not original? What do you guys think?

U

Unregistered

A copy of my book with every new GT/CS? Works for me!! :)

Something tells me that we're riding a new, high wave here. I'm wondering why--all of a sudden--the CS is being looked at in terms of higher value? Maybe the Shelbys are too expensive--and people want something that looks like a Shelby, without the high (out of sight) price?

I suggest that everyone go get at least one more GT/CS (or HCS) to hang on to, and maybe restore as an investment, since we're so well versed on knowing these cars.

I want to like the Challenger concept, but Chrysler-Benz seems to make all their cars look like characters in a "Hot Wheels Cartoon". No refined lines, or flowing curves...just a chisled look. I was real dissappointed how the Charger didn't end up looking like the concept they had made (prior to the takeover).

Paul N.

P

PNewitt

A copy of my book with every new GT/CS? Works for me!! :)

Something tells me that we're riding a new, high wave here. I'm wondering why--all of a sudden--the CS is being looked at in terms of higher value? Maybe the Shelbys are too expensive--and people want something that looks like a Shelby, without the high (out of sight) price?

I suggest that everyone go get at least one more GT/CS (or HCS) to hang on to, and maybe restore as an investment, since we're so well versed on knowing these cars.

I want to like the Challenger concept, but Chrysler-Benz seems to make all their cars look like characters in a "Hot Wheels Cartoon". No refined lines, or flowing curves...just a chisled look. I was real dissappointed how the Charger didn't end up looking like the concept they had made (prior to the takeover).

Paul N.
(P.S.--Webmaster Jon--something weird happened--I accidently got this message in as "Unregistered" (above), since I didn't see that I hadn't logged on. Can you delete the above post?--thanks, Paul Newitt)

Perkchiro

When I was 18, I thought correctly that guys my age were "old". Now that I'm my age, I don't think I'm old at all. What's up with that? Anybody else experience this?
Steve:smile:

Mustanglvr

How old are you Steve? When I was 18 I dated a 28 year old and I thought he was old! I am way beyond 28 myself now and I can`t believe how I could have thought that!

rvrtrash

Perkchiro said:
When I was 18, I thought correctly that guys my age were "old". Now that I'm my age, I don't think I'm old at all. What's up with that? Anybody else experience this?
Steve:smile:

I never thought I'd live long enough to get to be as old as I am. For the record: 47 and still acting like I'm 18, but without the long hair.
Steve

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

rvrtrash said:
I never thought I'd live long enough to get to be as old as I am. For the record: 47 and still acting like I'm 18, but without the long hair.
Steve

I'm 35 and feel like 22 but I DO have the long hair. :grin:

Mustanglvr

Its the cars that make us feel young. Gee, thats sounds like a story from the Twilight Zone.

Redwingrobb

Let the prices rise after I get my CS. Will have the Marti report on my find tomorrow. Then a race across the country if it pans out...

68 special

I agree with Steve. Only I'm 46 and act 18. No more long hair. I've still got a Mustang tho. She keeps me young at heart!

Bret

Mosesatm

I find it interesting that almost eveyone on this site is in the 40s. I don't know what that says about us but it's just interesting.