• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS for sale on e-bay

carvensno

found this CS? on e-bay today
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2462209710&category=6236, if this is a true CS this guy has murdered it big time, but it is missing side scoops, the chrome tailight bezels are missing, no fog lamps, hood pins no striping,i have email the person and ask to send me the vin and the data plate info, something tells me this isnt a true CS ???, also just noticed that it looks like the car my have had a manual tranny also, looks to have a man. brake pedal in there.

well the guy has emailed me back, he says it is a true CS!
vin # 8RO1S159979
data plate 65A-O-2A-2E-71-7-5
from what the numbers say, it does look like to be a true CS, but like i said before, from what the numbers say, it going to take alot to put this baby back to original condition for $20k ::)

darb

It looks like a sad attempt to strip a 68 CS out of its glory, and convert it into something that looks slightly out of the 70's. Couldn't he have picked a standard 68 to experiment on?

-Brad

gtcsjcode

What was this guy thinking, It even has a Ferrari emblem in the grill and those flares, I did not like that mod on the vettes, and definitely not on a CAL SPCL, must be a kid. But whats with the 20 grand, is he really serious. My heart saddens when I see things like this. :'( :'( :'(

Rob_L

I am totally disgusted.

I have recently been keeping my eyes open for a S code GT/CS. It would still be a few months before I could seriously get into buying one even if I did find "The One" for sale. It ticks me off to look at what has been done to this car. The nerve to suggest it's worth 20K...! This jack has been watching too many Monser Garage shows and thinking he's Jessie James. I hope he can't sell it for under 8 grand.

-Rob

OP
OP
C

carvensno

darb, :mad:i agree with you, at least pick a reg. coupe to do mod's with, thats what i was thinking fo doing, is trying to find a coupe with v8 and factory a/c at least to mod into a CS with a few minor things that i would want(like rear disk brakes different color paint) i would be basically a CS, but a few little changes that i like and i woundnt feel bad for ruining a nice rare car, but nothing like wtf he did to that poor thing!!!!!!!!!

hey rob_L write him and email to see if you could get it at that price and explain it to him that it going to take the 12k to put it back to factory stock like it should be!!!!!!!, if i had the 8k i would tell him! ;D