• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ebay GT/CS

Mosesatm

And what's with the foglights?

I think I'll send him a note just to annoy him!

OP
OP
CALIF GIRL

CALIF GIRL

I was also wondering about what looks like an aftermarket ac under the dash, but I saw no compressor? Is that an AC?

gtcs1

It's got dual rexhaust on a 289. Look also at the very long suspension shackles.

Mosesatm

Asked about the fog lights and the script. Here's his reply. Makes no sense.

HELLO AND THANKS!IM NOT TO SURE ON THE LIGHTS BUT I KNOW THEIR NEW,IS FAR AS THE SCRIPT THE ORIGINAL ONE GOT BROKEN AND WE PUT THAT ONE ON JUST TO COVER THE HOLES.

66hcs-conv

I don't know a lot about the 68's, but were the color coordinated painted tail
pipes an option? (he said sarcastically)

Dave

carezcs

Driver's side rear quarter extension alignment looks a little iffy too!!:icon_no:

HappyHour

Hood pin mounts there or are they just out of picture shot of the engine?? How nice of him to add the GT\CS commercial. Did the GT\CS always come with the stock 68 Mustang owners manual?

Robert

jaystang

I emailed the guy and asked for the vin number...

He just responded with the following...

"HELLO,SORRY I WAS BUSY FOR HOLIDAY AND COULDN'T GET BACK WITH ALL OF YOUR E MAILS QUESTIONS
VIN# 8RO1C143031
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU FIND OUT,THANKS!!"

is this vin in the regestry?

on a side note:
is it me or does anyone else find whem a car seems sketchy on ebay, the person always responds typing in all caps? just a random observation.

obwan93001

Hi all,

Yes, looks like a very sketchy deal. Besides the non-OE fog lamps, the slightly skewed driver side rear quarter extension, the funky placement of the California Special scripting and suspension shackles look at the rear end of the hood closest to cowl, doesn't it look like it wasn't adjusted correctly whenever the hood was put back on the car and is a little raised? Read the seller's replies to the comments he has posted on the listing, again, very sketchy. VIN doesn't appear on the registry here and w/o a legit Marti report on it's authenticity I'd say GT/CS buyer beware. Plus the description states 1 owner car. If the seller is the so-called "1 owner" wouldn't he know all the answers, esp. regarding the scripting and foglamps? Hmmmmm. Definately not worth the BIN price of $17500, I'd even say it isn't worth the current high bid of $12850 w/o the OE Lucas foglamps and the potential that it's a clone or a damaged/repaired car body that might explain the funky placement of the scripting.

Just my 2-cents ;-)

Happy Holidays to everyone!

RedGTvert

Well, hit reserve. Looks like it will be going to a new home if the zero history bidder is real.

gamerjoe

I noticed something weird about the fiberglass quarter piece on the cars left side. You can see it is tilted at a strange angle when you view the rear shot of the car. Yet, the striping matches up straight across. Looks like the striping was added before the parts were straightened out. :undecided

Diesel Donna

I was thinking what obwan said...if this is the "original owner" he would have the answers. What a dope. I guess he doesn't know who he is dealing with!