• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Engine ID

nfrntau

Can anyone help in identifying a 351 engine? I would like to know what year it is.
The only identifying numbers I could find are stamped on the left side of the rear end of the block. They are either 6G222599 or 66222599. There is also a forged #10 on the block and on the heads is a forged 12A.

Thanks All

Mosesatm

If it's like a 289/302 it should be cast into the block above the starter.

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Dropped it off at the engine shop builder today. Looked 360 degrees while it was hanging on the hoist. Didn't see any other identifying numbers. ??

CougarCJ

Can anyone help in identifying a 351 engine? I would like to know what year it is.
They are either 6G222599. There is also a forged #10 on the block and on the heads is a forged 12A.

Thanks All

The above in bold, looks like a VIN stamp, I would say 1976 or 1986.

68 special

Maybe this will help.

Block Identification
The 351W casting number is located on the right side of the block, about halfway down, facing downwards. The code will be a combination of letters and numbers -- for example, "E3AE." In this code, the E represents the decade number and the 3 represents the year. This engine was manufactured in 1983. C represents the 1960s, D for the 1970s, and so on..

Bret

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Thanks for checking

I just called over there and they looked at the sides of the block. There aren't any numbers on the side of the block?? Doesn't make sense to me that someone would remove them?
Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss on this one!

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Arlie gets the prize. Ding Ding Ding

It's located at the rear of the block. If the starter was on you wouldn't see it.
Or if your me, you wouldn't see it :)

I have a D4AE-6015-AA

CougarCJ

Should also be a casting date too.

4A12, etc.

Last edited:

ggieras

go to MUSTANGTEK.COM,awesome website,everything you need to know about eng blocks.