• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Holy Grail on eBay

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

coniferhi said:
Hey Arlie, love the seats but you know its not the Grail because you know where it really resides. It's not in France either.
Mark

How true!

Now for something totally off subject. Has anyone seen the DaVinci Code? The critics are flat out clobbering it. The last I checked www.rottentomatoes.com had the critic's approval at 22% but the public's approval at 76%. That is a HUGE disconnect between the critics and the public.

rvrtrash

If it would've had gay cowboys in it, the critics would probably have liked it better.:eek:

Steve

Mustanglvr

I really liked Brokeback Mountain. You guys really need to get in touch with your feminine side.

nfrntau

I learned something new today. I always thought old California plates were black with yellow letters. Now I find out it's gold letters. mmmm

On that guys feedback, one negative and two positive from who? They don't show up as buyers or sellers???

68gt390

I seem to remember seeing this car up for sale sometime last year also. Guess they are still trying to sell it. I find it rather odd that they don't give you any details on condition of car it's self, just statistics that any of us could get off a Marti Report.

Don

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I was wondering if this was the same car. I contacted the guy last time and he said the car was in New York. The whole thing seemed a little strange so I dropped it.

Mustanger

390cs68rcode said:
you mean holy grail COLOR. You had my heart racing for a moment as I thought it was the holy grail ENGINE.

Me too, I thought we were seeing another 428 making itself available!

Highland Green is a nice color, but Arlie, you said that the owner claims the car is not in Newport Beach? I was thinking about checking it out if it was there, but not if it's in New York ...

68gt390

Mosesatm said:
I was wondering if this was the same car. I contacted the guy last time and he said the car was in New York. The whole thing seemed a little strange so I dropped it.

Arlie;
You may be correct because the pictures look the same to me. Maybe the car sold and the new owner is tryng to turn it.
Check out his feedback score (pretty bad) from my point of view.
Don

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Mustanger said:
Me too, I thought we were seeing another 428 making itself available!

Highland Green is a nice color, but Arlie, you said that the owner claims the car is not in Newport Beach? I was thinking about checking it out if it was there, but not if it's in New York ...

That was the 1st time it was on eBay. This time it might really be in Newport Beach. (Side Note - If you go there be sure to stop by Pacific View Cemetery and see John Wayne's new memorial.) It looks like it's a car worth looking at. Maybe it will be the Holy Grail for you this time!

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

390cs68rcode said:
you mean holy grail COLOR. You had my heart racing for a moment as I thought it was the holy grail ENGINE.

ENGINE? Who cares about the steenking engine?!!!! I'm talking Highland Green here. It's the genisis color of all California Specials. It's the color of the GREEN HORNET!!!:cool: :cool: :icon_ecst :thumb:

Jason, your priorities are clearly all messed up. You really should go see Von Quack and become more sane and stable, like me.:rolleyes: :scared: :icon_pani :confused:

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
ENGINE? Who cares about the steenking engine?!!!! I'm talking Highland Green here. It's the genisis color of all California Specials. It's the color of the GREEN HORNET!!!:cool: :cool: :icon_ecst :thumb:

Jason, your priorities are clearly all messed up. You really should go see Von Quack and become more sane and stable, like me.:rolleyes: :scared: :icon_pani :confused:

you might as well make an appointment for a double session.

luisa2552

My husband had some new speakers put in the CS and one of the guys runs in the back to get the manager. This guys comes out with his eyes bugging out saying he's been looking for a Highland Green CS for years. He makes a half a**** offer to buy it for 15K. My husband tells him that's why it's taken him so long to find a car!