• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS - Soup to nuts restoration?

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=1 GT/CS link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=15#msg6495 date=1100282111]
68gt390, the link to e-bay just put you at the ending bid of the CS, from the first time ???
[/quote]

1GT/CS look again, it's not the first bidding. Go to the link that Doug has listed which is the same link I saw this morning and you'll see the bidding ends 19 Nov 04. I refered to the wrong link (Sorry Guys). I'm thinking this car may be a clone? With all the questions shot at this guy and not to many replies kinda makes you wonder. Thanks Doug for putting up the right link. That's what happens when your trying to get ready for work and post a listing at the same time. Doug, by the way "Happy Veterans Day". Hang in there you'll make it. I retired in 1990 and trust me I'm glad I did.

Don ;D

nfrntau

He's still way out there. He hasn't dropped the price to $20,000 just the bid start. No telling what is reserve price is.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=15#msg6506 date=1100312935]
He's still way out there. He hasn't dropped the price to $20,000 just the bid start. No telling what is reserve price is.
[/quote]

Either way you look at it, a GT/CS that's not even verified by a Marti Report. He's out in left field. I'd almost bet that's why I've gotten no replys on my emails to this guy. He's looking to take advantage of somebody who knows nothing about these cars. I'd tag this guy as a snake in the grass. :p I'd buy this one listed on ebay before I'd even give this guy the time of day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4502529080

Don

CalPaul

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=15#msg6507 date=1100314178]
[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=15#msg6506 date=1100312935]
[/quote]

Either way you look at it, a GT/CS that's not even verified by a Marti Report. He's out in left field. I'd almost bet that's why I've gotten no replys on my emails to this guy. He's looking to take advantage of somebody who knows nothing about these cars. I'd tag this guy as a snake in the grass. :p I'd buy this one listed on ebay before I'd even give this guy the time of day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4502529080

Don
[/quote]

I called the guy in CA and he said that he got around his asking price and that the car was in TX. He was asking $15.3K so it will be interesting to see what the new TX seller is looking for.
http://206.126.208.74/trinity/static/showPosting/16621.html

carvensno

he has revised his discription today, i dont see the forthcoming of the marti report in there now. either this guy has seen the reality of prices or something is really wrong concerning this car ???. wondering if he did get the report an found out that its not a true CS. ::)

hookedtrout

Maybe if we keep our eyes on him long enough he'll give it away. ;D I might be interested then.

Hook

nfrntau

He had to have received the Marti report. $10,000 is a bunch of money to drop the start bid by all at once. Trouble is we all know (or at least are pretty sure we do) it's a fake GT/CS. He was looking for a sucker before. What's he looking for now?

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Seems to me that with all the questions flying at this guy he'd want to prove the fact that the car is a true GT/CS. Wouldn't be hard to do, just post a picture of the Marti Report with the ad. It could be blown up enough to show the actual options on the car. I know myself if it were my car I was trying to sell that would be one of the first things I'd do.

Don ???

case12

I saw this earlier, and sent a note to the ebay security administrators as this just looks suspicious that someone took the entire listing and hijacked it. How could a buy it now be $165?

carvensno

well its gone now, comes up invalid item, so they must have taken care of it. ;D

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=1 GT/CS link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=30#msg6701 date=1101314470]
well its gone now, comes up invalid item, so they must have taken care of it. ;D
[/quote]

1 GT/CS: Maybe it's a good thing we watch ebay. Hopefully folks will notice those of us on the CAL Spec site watch these type of things and take notice of those folks who would rip off the normal person. Just a thought.

Don 8)

Sarge

My 2 cents,
I agree that we need to raise issues with those cars that are of "questionable bloodlines". Had I known about this site when I bought mine a few years ago, I would have gotten a "Marti report" beforehand. As it was, I am fortunate that the seller was more knowledgeable (and honest) than I.

It is the members of this site that continue to teach me about what is right and what is wrong about the GT/CS, and morals as well. For that I am thankful that I have a forum and friends to depend on.
Robert

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

That's exactly why this site is here (Thanks to Jon, Paul and, others) to keep the honest, honest and make the dishonest really think about what their doing. Plus, educate the rest of the world about these cars. That's the only way we can truly uphold the integrity of our hobby.

Don ;)

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=robynGTCS link=board=1;threadid=1162;start=30#msg6750 date=1101483419]
He has it on another site

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/1/0/74826010.htm

[/quote]

Robin; Not the same car. This one has black interior and does not have the Magnum 500 rims plus, the fog lights are mounted correctly (Pedestals) on this one. That's a good catch though. They are the same color. This particular car belongs to a dealer. I've talked to them on this car and, from what I've gathered from the dealer is a ligit car and is pretty nice. Keep up the good work. That's why we are all here. If more of our members would take an active interest in identifying the fakes, it would help up hold the integrity of our cars.

Just to add a note Robin; He is back on ebay with the same car. The add was placed today: Here's the site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4507682008

Don ;)

robynGTCS

Don, Your right! Guess I didn't look close enough. Don't see many this color. My car is painted white but the door code says Diamond Blue. I have never seen one yet that color. I would like to paint it back to the original color some day. If any one has a picture of a Diamond blue GT/CS could you post it?