• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

hood pin question

calspecialchic

I am putting new hood pins in my hood. It is a new hood so the holes arent there. I ordered new ones that came with pins, plates, retainers, and springs. But I need one new support bracket. One is ok, but the other one is missing the wire. It looks like it broke off. In all of my old parts for this, there is one rubber round piece. Sort of like a big grommet? But in looking in catalogs for the complete kit needed to restore this, it doesnt show any rubber piece. Does that piece belong somewhere? Therefore needing another of those? or is it an old piece to something else that just ended up that bag?
Thanks,

franklinair

Mike (somethingspecial) may be able to answer your question/needs.

Neil

OP
OP
C

calspecialchic

I think that's it. I found a picture online of fog lamp pedestal parts and there is that black rubber grommet. Thanks for solving my question.