• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I found this GT / CS and need some help

speedy02

VIN Format: 1960-1980 Ford/Mercury/Edsel/Lincoln

Decoding: 8R01C162704

DigitUsageVINDecoded
1Year81968
2PlantRSan Jose CA
3-4Series01Ford Mustang 2-door hardtop
5EngineCV8 289-2v 200hp
6-11Sequential Serial #162704162704

Looked up the VIN
Here are the specs
@Carsonagenic We do no have anything on file for this VIN. However it does fall in line with two other cars that went to DSO B6. Both are C-Code Auto cars. It is hard to see in the picture but is this a Auto or Standard Transmission car?

Also, Do you plan on ordering a Marti Report? If not we can purchase a standard to verify GT/CS status.

OP
OP
C

Carsonagenic

At this point, I was not planning to move forward with a Marti Report.
It actually looked like a standard shifter to me. to bad the pic doesn't show it better

CougarCJ

I am with Neil, $10k is the upper limit as it sits. Assume the worst and hope for the best.

Mosesatm

Ugh, way too much rust. I agree with the others that it's worth around $10K, but only if you do your own rust repairs for the next three years.
It's a great find, though, and thanks for bringing it to us. I'll order a Marti report and we'll add the car to the registry.