• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

DeadStang

Note- when you call the Embassy to make a reservation, you MUST say "Mustangs Northwest Grand National Show" or they will tell you hotel is full. There are about 9 rooms left per reservation desk, just spoke to them.

I'm glad you posted this! I just got it in gear and made our reservations, so we're cool. It's a good hotel--you get free made-to-order breakfast every morning and free cocktails for happy hour from 5-7pm each night. Decent indoor pool and the hotel provides a hose if one should happen to actually wash their car with water.

PonyGal

Note- when you call the Embassy to make a reservation, you MUST say "Mustangs Northwest Grand National Show" or they will tell you hotel is full.

Boy is Amy right about that!! I called them this morning around 6:30-7:00 and I was told that the hotel was booked solid! Even after I mentioned that I was going to be there for the Mustang show and that several members of my group were staying there, "No rooms available" I was told. So, I called the Days Inn across the street and booked a room there for Fri-Mon. Hey, I'm more of a Days Inn person anyway :-}

I guess I should have booked earlier, but I was procrastinating. I was waiting for something else I have going on, and to get a backup at work trained to do my job for both this trip and another one that I am taking next week. Oh well, I have a room booked and I am looking forward to being there!! I may not be at the same hotel with a lot of you, but I will still be over there at the Embassy quite a lot to visit ;-]

DeadStang

Boy is Amy right about that!! I called them this morning around 6:30-7:00 and I was told that the hotel was booked solid! Even after I mentioned that I was going to be there for the Mustang show and that several members of my group were staying there, "No rooms available" I was told. So, I called the Days Inn across the street and booked a room there for Fri-Mon. Hey, I'm more of a Days Inn person anyway :-}

I guess I should have booked earlier, but I was procrastinating. I was waiting for something else I have going on, and to get a backup at work trained to do my job for both this trip and another one that I am taking next week. Oh well, I have a room booked and I am looking forward to being there!! I may not be at the same hotel with a lot of you, but I will still be over there at the Embassy quite a lot to visit ;-]

We've stayed at the Days Inn, too--it's just right across the street!

rvrtrash

I tried to book Days Inn yesterday online and it showed it as full. I guess they didn't want to rent it at the internet rate. I'm tracking down someplace else to stay now. I should've got on the ball earlier, but wasn't sure I could make it.

Steve

68 special

The pony trails is leaving from Monroe at 9 (after photos) and heading west on hwy. 2 and then north on hwy 9 to Arlington, then out hwy 530 (i think) to Newhalem, past Darrington. Should be a nice scenic drive, all 2 way traffic, no passing on those hwy's. can't wait, should have my car back on the road this week.:)

Bret

Ruppstang

We really want to go on the pony trails but will have to see how tired we are after driving 1750 miles in two days. Marty

PonyGal

I tried to book Days Inn yesterday online and it showed it as full. I guess they didn't want to rent it at the internet rate. I'm tracking down someplace else to stay now. I should've got on the ball earlier, but wasn't sure I could make it.

Steve

Steve, I checked online too and it showed that they were full. I called them directly and they said that they only had singles left and I booked. You should call them on the phone because as of yesterday they still had availability. No discounts, but the price is not too bad :)

Northern Pony

Bill; (Traveled)
Saw your post and I am doing the Saturday show, and also doing Rob's, unfortunately without the car at Rob's but the car will be there on Sunday.
You know my car, Royal Maroon out of Calgary.
BoB

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

The pony trails is leaving from Monroe at 9 (after photos) and heading west on hwy. 2 and then north on hwy 9 to Arlington, then out hwy 530 (i think) to Newhalem, past Darrington. Should be a nice scenic drive, all 2 way traffic, no passing on those hwy's. can't wait, should have my car back on the road this week.:)
Bret

We will have a group of Mustangs meeting in Bellevue VERY early to ride up together to Monroe (two hour drive). Copies of the drive and lead cars will be available to follow.

Ruppstang

We will have a group of Mustangs meeting in Bellevue VERY early to ride up together to Monroe (two hour drive). Copies of the drive and lead cars will be available to follow.

How many miles do they expect to travel on this pony trails? Marty

rvrtrash

Steve, I checked online too and it showed that they were full. I called them directly and they said that they only had singles left and I booked. You should call them on the phone because as of yesterday they still had availability. No discounts, but the price is not too bad :)

I called them and they told me they were full. I guess they just don't want any (rvr)trash staying there. :sad:

Steve

robert campbell

I called them and they told me they were full. I guess they just don't want any (rvr)trash staying there. :sad:

Steve

Steve,
I have a bed at the lake or whatever if you want to stay with me or near me!! I am a bit of a ways from the car show, but at grand central station for the BBQ show!

Rob

rvrtrash

Very generous Rob, but I just reserved a room at the Silver Cloud, which is apparently just down the street from everyone else. :embarass:

Steve

68 special

Amy, It's only about 45 mins. to Monroe. 405 to 522 and it drops you right at the fairgrounds. I'm not sure where they will do the photo shoot. Probably the big parking lot right behind the county courthouse on the corner of hwy. 2 and 179th.

Bret

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Oh yes, coming from Bellevue and not Seattle will make a shorter distance to Monroe. I forget about the I-90/405/520 sneaker way east. Not to confuse everyone, but we have I-5 that runs North and South, then two bridges going east from Seattle to Bellevue called I-90 and 520, then to mix it all up we have 405 that runs east.

And then we have the FERRY that goes to UNCLE ROB'S!!

Ah, the great Northwest. I can't wait to meet all of you.

Photo shoot at the fairgrounds, Monroe Speedway. Does that sound familiar, Bret? And since you live over there, how far is it to the Gorge? That's where Jeannie says our Pony Trails destination is. I always thought it was a long ways away. And being that early in the morning, I know you'll tell us where a Starbucks is!

Mosesatm

Very generous Rob, but I just reserved a room at the Silver Cloud, which is apparently just down the street from everyone else. :embarass:

Steve

That's a good hotel. I've stayed there many times.

68 special

I'm not sure how far to the gorge, never been there. It's past Darrington. Mapquesting it from Monroe, is just over 2 hours.

Now the most important info; Starbucks------- If you follow 522 all the way to Monroe, where it intersects with hwy. 2, it will be on the left (look out the drivers window).You have to go left on hwy. 2 to the next signal. From here either pull a u-turn or left on Kelsey and go thru the Fred Meyer parking lot. I prefer drive thru to parking cause the stalls are tight. Can you say door dings!!

Cheers, Bret

robert campbell

ALRIGHT!!!!

We are getting closer! For mapquest people here is the address to the cabin:

2061 N.E. Haven Way
Tahuya WA. 98588

A close landmark (7 miles) is Belfair State Park. We are hoping to lead people to the lake from this park.

NEW TIME!!! 2:00 p.m. on the 17th for grub coming off the apple wood!!!

Phone number to a land line at the lake is (360) 277-0733. If you try to call past the city of Belfair, the cell coverage is..... crappy!!! so if you get lost on the way, the cell is useless. Go back to Belfair and call. We will lead you in!

Amy is the contact for a group lead (caravan) from Seattle early in the morning. PM her or post on this thread asking for a time.

Rob

Sarge

Ok, so I jumped in at the last minute, the job wasn't supposed to let me the time off, but hey Karma is on my side (or is it a CS Thang!@!)

Anyway, I am arriving at 9 pm Friday night, leaving Monday around 4:35 pm. Don't have a rental car yet, but that can be arranged if needed. Anyone arriving at SeaTac around the same time headed to the Cloud (where I have reservations) or Embassy or etc, that I can grab a ride with? And, anyone leaving around Monday PM that I could slide with? No problem with the rental, just hate to drive around in an area that I am totally unfamiliar with, without a local guide.

Tim, Steve, Neil, Bob and Renee, will be good to hook up with you again, Rob, better get more Beer and Brisket. Your tip on the Power Booster was Spot On! Arlie, I owe you one, so let's hope Limelyt can throw another Molson case in the trunk!!!!!! :wink:

Lookin forward to it, and am bringin a fire suit (and a jug of Aloe) just in case the breakfast bacon gets out of control again...

See Ya!!!!!!

Robert