• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

68 special

Amy, I'll be there for the BBQ and Sun. I'll probably also do the Fri. run. I'm busy replacing the trans and pulling the engine to get the engine bay more presentable.

Bret

68 special

Like wise Rob, I think I'll fast for a day before. Can't believe it's only Feb. I've been looking forward to this since we started talking about it. I look forward meeting everyone and putting faces to names. Must go bust a knuckle or two on the car. You know you have a problem/obsession when you look forward to bleeding, cause you know it's gonna happen.

Bret

franklinair

I've already got my hotel reservation. Now I'm watching airfares for summer specials.

Neil

Midnight Special

...I'm announcing an air show / car show on July 9th and 10th and will be really busy up to that time. If I make it - it'll be via plane or train and no car (Amy). 'Gonna really try, but I know Renee "Ponygal" is going :)

franklinair

It will be super to see as many C/S folks that can make it in July. (And Rob's cooking!)

Neil

robert campbell

Neil,
If we could just get HCS Bob up here with you!! The Grand Poobah's of our cars!!!

Tim,
Is the air show Grass Valley or Reno? I may need to fly down!

Rob

Midnight Special

Rob,
"Thunder in the Sky" at nearby Auburn. P-51s, TBMs and big Hawkers. Big hangar party and dinner/ dance the night before :)

Attachments

• DSC_0494.jpg
    DSC_0494.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20080802_1948.jpg
    20080802_1948.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 001_7.jpg
    001_7.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 001_37.jpg
    001_37.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 27
  • -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 29
  • ken1.jpg
    ken1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 28

hicountrybob

Neil,
If we could just get HCS Bob up here with you!! The Grand Poobah's of our cars!!!

Tim,
Is the air show Grass Valley or Reno? I may need to fly down!

Rob

ROB, I'm coming up to the Seattle/Bellvue show w/ my friend Russ Stearns who one Saturday back in 1981, bought my 1st HCS for me. I saw a for sale ad in the AM paper that Sat and as I had to work, I called Russ to see if he'd come by the house and get the money ($800.00) and go look at it and buy it if it was RIGHT for me. I waited all day to hear from him and finally about 3:00 he came by the Safeway store I was at and said I owned it and it was at his house because it needed HIM (tuneup). He said I got a bonus 'cause it had a deluxe interior which is quite uncommon in HC Mustangs and was a 1 owner car. Marty Rupp in Nebraska has it now. He bought it out of Ernie Gonzales's collection this past year(I had sold it to Ernie years ago when I thought I needed a '78 SA Corvette). AND I'm going to work on my friend David I (di81977) of Boulder, Co. to take his HCS up to the Seattle/ Bellvue show with us, also. See you around, Bob Teets here.

Ruppstang

ROB, I'm coming up to the Seattle/Bellvue show w/ my friend Russ Stearns who one Saturday back in 1981, bought my 1st HCS for me. I saw a for sale ad in the AM paper that Sat and as I had to work, I called Russ to see if he'd come by the house and get the money ($800.00) and go look at it and buy it if it was RIGHT for me. I waited all day to hear from him and finally about 3:00 he came by the Safeway store I was at and said I owned it and it was at his house because it needed HIM (tuneup). He said I got a bonus 'cause it had a deluxe interior which is quite uncommon in HC Mustangs and was a 1 owner car. Marty Rupp in Nebraska has it now. He bought it out of Ernie Gonzales's collection this past year(I had sold it to Ernie years ago when I thought I needed a '78 SA Corvette). AND I'm going to work on my friend David I (di81977) of Boulder, Co. to take his HCS up to the Seattle/ Bellvue show with us, also. See you around, Bob Teets here.

I am very much looking forward to the Bellvue grand national. Getting to meet many of the GT-CS and HCS folk is the icing on the cake. Bob it wll be great to meet your freind Russ as he is another piece of the history of our car.

Tim you are a lucky guy to live so close to so many great automotive and aircraft events. I so wish I could see your event. Back when we had a plane I use to fly to the Oshkosh Wi., man that was a great time. Oh the smells and sounds of those old war birds. Marty

robert campbell

Bob AND Neil!!! Now we are talking!! Neil is like a father to me, but I can use one a bit closer to my time zone!!

Rob

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Hooray! My people are coming to the Northwest! Specials will take over Roundup once again!! I'm SO excited to meet you all!

PonyGal

Hey all,

Sorry I've been away from the site for so long, but I have had one hell of a case of the flu!! Got sick the day after St. Patrick's Day, and just got to feeling human again in the past day or so. Knocked me on my butt for sure!!!

I am definitely planning to make it up to Seattle in July, and I hope to drag Tim along with me!! We'll see...:wink:

68 special

I can smell Bremerton in Monroe!!

Don't rush it too much tho. I still need to get my eng. and trans back in the car, ARGH. Everytime I go into the garage, I see something else that needs cleaned up or painted. I need to put on a blindfold and just put it back in and drive her!!! I'm getting itchy throttle foot.:)

Bret

robert campbell

Spent today getting the lawn at the Haven Lake Cabin ready. Lots of organic fertilizer, seed, and hand aerating!!! This lawn is like a well manicured fairway at Augusta in the summer!!!

We will sit, eat, drink, and be merry!!! Parking is clean, not dusty, but not on pavement! Long single wide driveway that may require jockeying for those people leaving early!!

I wonder if Steve “rvrtrash” is bringing any fish?

Rob

rvrtrash

My boys are the fishermen, not me. I'll see what I can talk them out of. I'm working on a plan that should make it possible to be there.

Steve