• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for quality gt/cs

twoclassics

Hey everyone I have the gt/cs fever, I am looking to buy, anyone know of a nice Gt/Cs let me know, looking to spend around 16k, should get a nice one for that, when to topeka and looked at the red one with the bad stripes and the running pony emblems that was on ebay, that was a total pass, any one want info on that one let me know, I seen it in person Chuck

Mosesatm

There is a Meadowlark Yellow HCS with Saddle interior in NJ for $13,500. I can send you the guys emal address and phone number if you are interested.

Mosesatm

[quote author=GTCSNJ link=board=1;threadid=1930;start=0#msg12820 date=1122315884]
Do you know what engine is in the car?
[/quote]

289 w 3-speed manual trans

I can't attach pictures but I can email them to you if you wish.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

I do have some pictures on this computer. Here's another one.

Last edited:

bish

That car was for sale a short time back for $12,000. Tony65pony on another site
I remember because I considered buying it at the time, but could not get SWMBO to agree to it.
Any work been done to it or is it a premium summer price?

Mosesatm

I think he would go down to $12K if he had to. He will put new tires on it with styled steel wheels. It's a fairly basic car with no options to speak of but for the price.....

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

I am in Omaha Ne., you guys and girls will be hearing alot from me as when I start a new hobby I jump in with both feet. Love the classic car thing but the best thing about all this is the car people. The people are just great, we seem to be a different breed. Anyway I think I have one located not sure yet but the deal is almost done, need a auto with air thanks Chuck I am not telling what my other classic is, I will be blackballed

390cs68rcode

[quote author=twoclassics link=board=1;threadid=1930;start=0#msg12835 date=1122323234]
I am in Omaha Ne., you guys and girls will be hearing alot from me as when I start a new hobby I jump in with both feet. Love the classic car thing but the best thing about all this is the car people. The people are just great, we seem to be a different breed. Anyway I think I have one located not sure yet but the deal is almost done, need a auto with air thanks Chuck I am not telling what my other classic is, I will be blackballed
[/quote]

I would suggest posting info on the car you are buying so we can give an opinion on value.

bbeatty

[quote author=bbeatty link=board=1;threadid=1930;start=0#msg12840 date=1122325252]
I sent you a private mesaage. Check your mailbox.
[/quote]

Whoops, I missed the auto and AC requirement. Never mind the PM! ;)

meadowsdk28

[quote author=bish link=board=1;threadid=1930;start=0#msg12824 date=1122317741]
That car was for sale a short time back for $12,000. Tony65pony on another site
I remember because I considered buying it at the time, but could not get SWMBO to agree to it.
Any work been done to it or is it a premium summer price?
[/quote]

I went to the internet dictionary someone on this site so kindly posted to look that up. So then I assumed that there must be a HWMBO only to find out the only reference is HWMBI. Go figure!

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

to all you top dog mecahnics, the potential GT/CS I am about to buy is advertised as having only 65k. What do you say would be the best way to confirm this. I am thinking this would be hard to do but is there any wear indications anywhere on the car that might give a indication. I always used to look at the brake or clutch pedals, although these could be replaced new you could get a idea, anyone know of anything else thanks in advance Chuck

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

Still looking for a nice GT/CS or a High Country Special, let me know if someone knows of a nice one. Need to have auto, p/s, console, and air thanks Chuck