• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My first questions, grille q and book q....

csgt428

Hi all, I researched the site a little on modifying a 67 grille to GT/CS specs but couldn't find everything I need. Looks like 68 GT foglight mounts in a 67 grille? Also tried to find Pauls latest book for sale at Amazon but no luck.....Any help appreciated. Thanx Grant

Found what I think is my original grille, can anyone confirm if this is a CS/GT grille? Found my 89 CS/GT Book also.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

There are a few threads on the site about the grill.
Someone, I think Arlie ("Mosesatm") has instructions and might be able to assist.

As for Paul's books, you won't find them on Amazon or other booksellers, they are out of print. They show up on eBay from time to time for $150+ for the 1989 version and I think around $50+ for the 1996 version.

Paul is in the process of writing a new version as we speak.

Make sure he has your info for the registry. There is a thread here on how to get info to him.

OP
OP
C

csgt428

Holy smokes! I've got the 89 version around here somewhere.....sounds like it's become a collectors item. Thanx for the heads up on the new one, I thoght he had already gone to print. I'll need to update my info if it's still possible.

PFSlim

csgt428 said:
Hi all, I researched the site a little on modifying a 67 grille to GT/CS specs but couldn't find everything I need. Looks like 68 GT foglight mounts in a 67 grille? Also tried to find Pauls latest book for sale at Amazon but no luck.....Any help appreciated. Thanx Grant

Found what I think is my original grille, can anyone confirm if this is a CS/GT grille? Found my 89 CS/GT Book also.

I bought my grill from Delta Mustang. I ordered the grill and the fog light brackets for Marchal. The grill is a nice piece. Worth ordering from them.

Paul

PFSlim

By the way, that is the correct grill. It appears like your car had the Marchal fog lights. Keep those lights, they are worth alot of money as well. Call Delta Mustangs if you want to replace both items.

Paul

69convert

grille

I just converted a 67 grill. search for the thread by my user name. There is a pdf file that
someone kindly posted that gives you all the details you need.
The metal is soft!!!!! so go easy with whatever cutting tool you use. You can file the little stubbies smooth. You can buy the correct tinner rivets from AMK (or cheat by using pop rivets, metal filler and filing smooth).

Mustanglvr

That is the correct grill you have Grant. Hold onto that and never change it. You can paint it, but don`t go changing it. They are going for around $800.00 on Ebay.

rvrtrash

Hey Grant, if you need help seeing what's right and where it goes, you're welcome to come up here and study mine. I also have a guy that does great chroming (just a little slow) at a good price when you get that far.
Steve

OP
OP
C

csgt428

Thanx all, I wish my original was worth keeping but it's badly trashed...just doesn't look so bad in the pic. I went ahead and modified the 67 grille... took out the three uprights, cut out the holes with a dremmel cutter and rivited in the original marchal uprights with aluminum rivits. The original owner had the Lucas lights put on per the recall, I restored them more or less.... I'll post pics of the finished grille later. I ordered some dark charcoal spray paint from NPD, anyone know if it's close to correct? Thanx, Grant