• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New engine

teamlo

Picture of my new J-code 302, already installed in my '68 GT.

attachment.php

Attachments

• J code 302.jpg
    J code 302.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
teamlo

teamlo

All the credit to 6t8-390gt (forum member). He did all the work. All I did was pay for it. He did a fantastic job. Going down to Maryland in May to pick it up and bring it home (to NH).

Terry

Ruppstang

Very nice job Danny. Terry I bet you can't wait to get that under your hood!

classicsguy

Did he rebuild the engine,just detailed yours or was purchased as is?

Beautiful job!!

OP
OP
teamlo

teamlo

The engine is a period correct '68 J-code 302 (out of a Cougar). Engine was purchased complete, including the original C4 transmission. The engine was rebuilt by my cousin (Danny) with assistance from a friend. Essentially stock rebuild with a mild performance cam and roller rockers. Retaining the Autolite 4300 carburetor, factory exhaust manifolds, cast iron intake manifold, rebuilt stock distributor with Pertronix module, correct dual exhaust system with GT tips. It's installed in the car already and running very nicely. Thanks for the compliments.

Terry