• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New to this Forum

gofastguy

Lime gold does not seem to be especially rare. The only reason it's not seen a lot more is because lots of these cars have become different colors over the years. But I'm with you on thinking it's a cool color...it's always been one of my favorites!

mmarsalone

I know that its a 6 cylinder and I heard that adding AC to a 6 cylinder really pulls power form the engine.
QUOTE]

I've owned a few 6 cylinder Mustangs with factory air and it really doesn't pull any power from the engine. These have nice torque and to be honest I don't notice a diffrence when the AC is on other than I'm not sweating in the New Orleans heat and humidity. My current Diamond Green 67' with AC and Power Steering I'm using as a daily driver and it's still pretty peppy.

OP
OP
G

GARPh

Mike- Diamond Green. That is another one of the more rare ones that I really like! Since you are in NOLA I will trust your opinion on AC!

Steve I see a lot of modern car colors very similar to lime green. I think it looks especially sharp with black interior.

Ruppstang

I know that its a 6 cylinder and I heard that adding AC to a 6 cylinder really pulls power form the engine.
QUOTE]

I've owned a few 6 cylinder Mustangs with factory air and it really doesn't pull any power from the engine. These have nice torque and to be honest I don't notice a diffrence when the AC is on other than I'm not sweating in the New Orleans heat and humidity. My current Diamond Green 67' with AC and Power Steering I'm using as a daily driver and it's still pretty peppy.

We had a 67 6cl coupe that had AC we used to go to MCA national shows. We put our boys in the back, filled the trunk, and ran 75 on the interstate no problem. I did use the Sanden replacement they are a lot more efficient. Marty