• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Original or Reproduction?

classicsguy

What do you guys recommend for the fiberglass taillight panel and quarter extensions,used originals or reproductions? Fit and quality issues of each are welcome commments.
Thanks

CougarCJ

I can't compare OEM and repop fiberglass.

Wasn't California Pony Cars the first (only) reproduction fiberglass parts manufacturer?

rvrtrash

I haven't used the reproductions, but I do have a spare tail light panel for the right money, if you want to go that route. I know on the quarter extensions, the originals didn't fit very well. Mine were (in my opinion) pretty bad so I reshaped them so they fit nice and then found out they weren't supposed to fit nice. Oops! Unless I had a high dollar car, if I needed to replace the rear body parts, I'd go repop and just figure I'd have to work with them to make them fit. The advantage would be that if some dumb *** on their cell phone parks in your trunk, you didn't lose expensive original pieces. Just my .02

Steve