• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Photo Your Winter Fun

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Tim,
AWESOME photos as always. Now if you could pipe in some audio!!! WOW! That is a lot of high test piston pounding!!

Rob

PonyGal

What an amazing weekend!! I can't say enough about how wonderful the show was! The Friday night dinner dance was a lot of fun and Saturday was spectacular!!

I didn't get too many photos this year, but here are a few that I did take...

Attachments

• IMG_4168.JPG
    IMG_4168.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4176.JPG
    IMG_4176.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4199.JPG
    IMG_4199.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4204.jpg
    IMG_4204.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4240.jpg
    IMG_4240.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23

Midnight Special

Love the sound of those old warbirds...:grin:

...What it's all about :) We fly 'em close, fast and loud!

One of our attending Mustangs was once owned & flown by David Gilmour, lead singer of Pink Floyd (1991-2002), hence the plane's name and Gilmour's inspiration for a song he wrote about solo flight.

Sight and sounds of Mustangs as this were also my inspiration for owning the Fords ($2,500 at the time vs $2.4 million for the North American model)....

Attachments

• p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 20
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 22
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 24
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 29
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Had a 1965 Fastback last week with a nasty 347 stroker and 5 speed. Ran like doo doo out of the hole. Engine feel on its face under 900 RPM and it felt like crap trying to maneuver with the clutch. Owner ruined one clutch slipping it all they time. 3.7 rear end gears. I worked with the 670 Holley street avenger, but decided to change him over to the new Holley "ultra" 650 double pumper.

Car runs very well now. The ultra series has 4 corner idle mixture and dialed right in. Car will lug down to 300 to 400 and keep chugging along. Engine has a huge cam, but now you can easily move it around and it goes like stink!!!

Black car behind it goes even faster!!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

check out these two throttle return spring setups. Both are Moroso products and around 30 bucks. The spring mount on the carb pivots freely and provides two springs for additional safety. Nice stuff. One is on the 1963 Galaxie and the other on a 1967 Fairlane 4 speed car.

Last edited:

CougarCJ

Rob, is that bottom intake manifold an Edelbrock F4B? I can almost make out the casting number.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Have I went over the edge??? Wiring harness and engine dress assembly coupled with interior work. Brakes and other issues!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Rob has a new toy!! 1972 Kawasaki 500 HI C, 3 cylinder 2 stroke!! If it don't smoke it be broke! Can you say crotch rocket!

A wonderful friend of mine bought it brand new and finally succumbed to my begging to purchase it from him. 8k original miles. Time capsule. Original everything to include the tires that are not weathered. Perl candy tone orange. I had to paint the front and rear fenders, but the tank and side covers are nice. Had to clean and coat the tank, but the engine turns over. very little pitting. A couple scars from being laid over one time.

This is a pic just before one heck of a bath with industrial engine degreaser and laying it down gently on each side. She had some grime!!! Just put the carbs in for a bath and rebuild!!

YEEE HAAAAA!! Mo later!

rvrtrash

Next summer, when it's all finished, you'll have to bring it to the non rainy side for a cruise.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Hey bro!
Have you ever rode a bike with no fairing very far??? I rode a 1972 GT-380 Suzi to Pullman one year! I was 18!! I was nearly dead!!!

Rob

rvrtrash

As a matter of fact, I have, but can't do it anymore because my neck is so messed up. That bike should be small enough that you can load it in the back of your truck. Or I could just put mine on the trailer and bring it over for some riding on your turf,if the rain isn't to heavy.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

The 1972 Kawasaki 500 H1 is a running piece now!! Got daylight under the front tire today!!!! I have put about 70 miles on her and it runs like new. The original crotch rocket!!!

How do you like my new "lake cabin bike"!!! 1980 Suzuki DS 100! 500 miles and rolling on her original tires! Check out my articulating cup holder. She will be used to visit local neighbors around the lake this summer!!