• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear sway bar

mustangman-nl

Hello,

I want to place a rear sway bar. Can someone sent (or show) me pictures of the bottum of the car when a rear bar is installed? I googled on the WWW, but I can't find pictures how it looks and how they are installed.

Thanks and greetings Reiny

OP
OP
mustangman-nl

mustangman-nl

Thanks,

It is from ADDCO and a 1965/66 is a different bar and instalation then the 67/68 one.

Reiny

Attachments

• Rear sway bar ADDCO.jpg
    Rear sway bar ADDCO.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

tomcwarren

Should have come with instructions from ADDCO. :confused:

Found this w/Google:

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/aco-678.pdf

Looks like your kit (last page of the PDF). Kinda different install, though - usually the rear sway bar hugs / mounts to the rear axle, with the end-links mounted to the framerails, but this one seems to mount to the frame, with the links on the springs.

Good luck, Reiny

Tom

OP
OP
mustangman-nl

mustangman-nl

Thanks Tom,

This is the correct instruction. The question now is, because I saw two different pictures on google, the first one has the bar to the rear of the car, the other one to the front of the car. Wich one installed the rear sway bar correct, I think the sway bar to the rear?

Reiny

Last edited:
OP
OP
mustangman-nl

mustangman-nl

2 pictures

Hereby 2 pictures. I think both sway bars are different installed? Wich one is correct?

Reiny

Attachments

• pic97[1].jpg
    pic97[1].jpg
    63 KB · Views: 48
  • pict4201[1].jpg
    pict4201[1].jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 39

rvrtrash

The '71-73 Mustangs mounted the sway bar like the second picture. The bar mounted to the frame, bolting to a plate that was welded inside the frame at that approximate location before the trunk floor was put on. The ends bolted to the shock mounting plates. Just some useless info I thought I'd share.

Steve