• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Red J-Code on eBay

rvrtrash

It has to be the same car. It says it's the only one made with a bench seat.

Steve

luisa2552

The way I read the Marti is that it's the only Candyapple red, parchment interior with a bench seat. If my memory is correct I remember a blue (not sure which blue) CS, blue interior with a bench seat.
Beautiful car none the less....

CALIF GIRL

Looks like the same car to me. The passenger side script is wrong on both cars...

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Attached are photos of a correct and incorrect installation.

The incorrect installation is on the left.

Note how the "S" lines up perfectly with the "i" on the correct installation.

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Speaking of scripts ...

Mine is incorrect on the passenger side as well and a few others here on the site are too.

Just out of curiousity ... is there any chance that the factory sometime put them on wrong? Were the holes pre-drilled so that's highly unlikely?
Just thinking the guy that usually did it was out sick that day or something ... :grin:

Just wondering ...

The previous owner on my car insists that they're in the original mounting location ... he was 2nd owner though and repainted the car.

John McGilvary

Speaking of scripts ...

Mine is incorrect on the passenger side as well and a few others here on the site are too.

Just out of curiousity ... is there any chance that the factory sometime put them on wrong? Were the holes pre-drilled so that's highly unlikely?
Just thinking the guy that usually did it was out sick that day or something ... :grin:

Just wondering ...

The previous owner on my car insists that they're in the original mounting location ... he was 2nd owner though and repainted the car.

The holes on my CS are punched, not drilled. It is my understanding that
originally they were all punched and should be the same. IMO.

John

68gt390

Rich;
As we all know, anything is possible with these cars. The way things were done at the factory it wouldn't supprise me at all if they were screwed up there before they ever left for the dealer.

My script is messed-up on the drivers side. The body shop that did the work put them on backwards. I figure at this point I'm not screwing up the paint just to reposition the script. I can live with it.

Don

BroadwayBlue

Attachments

• 58ed_3.jpg
    58ed_3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 27

robert campbell

I am really enjoying the mounting of the script thoughts. I especially liked John saying "to my understanding". That is all we have to go on these days. Wow, I have never seen script alligned like that red car. Still does not mean it may have not been that way from the factory. I learned long ago not to discount anything when cars are assembled by humans! Sometimes you challange an orginal owner who knows exactly how the car was delivered. Check out my gallery and look at the holes that I did not use. I templated a "typical" or more accepted location on my right quarter panel. The left quarter had been replaced. My holes appeared to be drilled. The first cars must have been asembled "after" they came down the line and were not destined to be GT/CS's originally. Paul mentions this in his interview with Lee Gray. I am trying to find other cars that may have had the script in a higher location. If you look at the thread "new member" you will see some verbiage on the mystery I am trying to solve on my car.

Wow, I have never seen "backwards script" I for one will not discount a car like this. That may have been the way it came from the factory.

Rob