• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Revive an Old Mustang

Mosesatm

I like this guy’s attitude. It doesn’t need to be pretty, just bring it back and make it drivable for now.

CougarCJ

That is Derek from Vicegrip Garage. Has a very dry sense of humor. I watch some of his stuff on the youtube. I really enjoy his funny dialog. He is a total family guy, wife and kids come along for some of his trips.

The older that I get the more I like the KISMIF approach to old cars. Keep it simple, make it fun.

franklinair

A true redneck restoration. I watched the whole video and had the worst heartburn in recollection by the time it was over.

Neil

Attachments

• GOODGRIEF.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 44

speedy02

He did the same thing on a 66 Mustang and drove it 300 miles.

Ruppstang

It made me laugh; it is worlds away from away what I do. Hey if they are having fun what the heck.

CougarCJ

That Mustang was a parts car, at best.
Except for sentimental reasons, there are no financially responsible reasons to 'restore' that car.
I like the idea of having a vintage car, that I could daily drive. Something inexpensive and cool.
These 'can I make it run' videos help get folks interested in the car hobby. We need more young people interested in these old cars.