• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 So this guy stopped and offered to buy

BOSS3024ME

My CS while it was sitting in front of my shop. I told him I would think about it and talk to the wife and he told me he would give me 6500.00. While this is a nice profit from when we pulled her out of the barn I still would like to see it done and on the road.

Any thoughts from you guys?

Just for grins should I have taken the 6500.00?

My car is all original rust free but needs a restoration.

No idea what it's worth the way it sits

AADaddy

I think more than that if it's rust free and in decent shape. I paid a little more than that for mine and it needed/needs some body work and was not 100% drivable. Lots of leaks and smoking! If your car is a driver I'd say at minimum $9K.

68sunlitgold

Value is in the pride of ownership, I think you got a great deal on the car and would agree that by the pics you posted prior, it looks very nice and well worth over $6500. But without more pics or inspecting it...that's hard to determine. I think if a GT/CS is your dream car, it will be very hard to find a nicer car for what you paid.

Doug

AADaddy

Bingo! Personally I dreamed of owning one since I was a little kid and saw one in a book. It stuck with me. The car I'm building is not for the purpose of resale but to make it what I want. Not worried about it's value when all is said and done! Only if I go bankrupt will I be worried! :grin:

sam

..everything is for sale...............you just need to decide when it makes sense.

dalorzo_f

Well, you probably won't find another for a similar price.

So if you want one, keep it.

If its a passing thing, then the $ may be used elsewhere... and save the cost/headaches/enjoyment/achievement of restoring it...

Animal

Restore it...keep it... or put it up for sale. If your going to restore it to a very nice driver it will cost you way more than the car is worth. I say get it running good and drive it. Just sayin!

cool68

hello

I picked my J code CS up for $5000 from a little old lady i got real lucky on that price and its only missing the hood pins...it has not been on the road since 1988 it was parked because the braking booster went out.....I put a new booster and a carb ...and it runs and drives like a dream...it does smoke a bit..I think its the valve stem seals....the $6500 is way too low for your car.....keep it