• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Surviving Arizona's "Dry" Heat, OR......

Russ

why progress has slowed a bit on my lime gold GT/CS. I just had to share some photos of Flagstaff's latest winter storm. We have accumulated 25" of snow since Monday, and we are expecting another 36" by Friday!! As a result of these storms, I've been spending time blowing/shoveling snow instead of doing "important" things, like working on the GT/CS.

Before the storm hit, though, I got the car running, and I'm very pleased with the way the engine sounds and responds. The compression is 130 psi. in each cylinder at 7000 feet elevation and the dual exhaust is a WINNER! The exhaust sounds great and is a big improvement over the sound of a single exhaust. The front fenders are on (unfortunately, I chipped the paint in a couple of places), and they fit like original 1968 Mustang fenders fit....poorly, at best. My painter is going to repair the chips and then give it a final polishing so the stripes and chrome trim can be installed. I also installed Goodyear RWL polyglas tires, which really sets the car off.

If the snow stops for a while, I think I'll be able to meet the deadline of January 31st.

Russ

Attachments

• Lee-Tate IX 001.jpg
    Lee-Tate IX 001.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Lee-Tate IX 002.jpg
    Lee-Tate IX 002.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Lee-Tate IX 003.jpg
    Lee-Tate IX 003.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Lee-Tate IX 005.jpg
    Lee-Tate IX 005.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Lee-Tate IX 007.jpg
    Lee-Tate IX 007.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Lee-Tate IX 008.jpg
    Lee-Tate IX 008.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Lee-Tate IX 009.jpg
    Lee-Tate IX 009.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 54

gazrox

I can't help but laugh when I see the snow, sorry - in Saskatoon we have pretty well seen our snow disappear with the spring like conditions.

Conversely, when I'm not supposed to get much done on car stuff, I'm getting lots done!

Great job on the car too ! it gives me hope that mine will look like that be the end of this year.

Ruppstang

Russ you have a beautiful place. We came through Flagstaff on our back from San Diego were we bought our HCS. We thought Flagstaff was a nice area. Your car is looking great! I am just preparing to disasemble ours. Marty

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Russ you have a beautiful place. We came through Flagstaff on our back from San Diego were we bought our HCS. We thought Flagstaff was a nice area. Your car is looking great! I am just preparing to disasemble ours. Marty

We love Flagstaff, and we especially like the four seasons. Many people believe that Arizona is just desert, rattlesnakes and cactus with a few cowboys thrown in for good measure. They just can't imagine that it snows here too!

Marty, I think you're going to get some of this snow also, so be prepared, and thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

Russ