• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Using Members' E-mail for non-Mustang promotions, etc.

P

PNewitt

Not to come off as "whining", but, I have to say that I am opposed to anyone using e-mail addresses of the folks on this site to promote a personal cause.

Without saying what it is, or from whom, I recently got an unsolicited e-mail about "signing a petition".

I feel that sending this type of messages does a few things that could offend (& dissappoint) others, including:

1. They assume that you are of the same political motivation. This, sometimes. can be insulting. Not everyone is of the same persuasion.

2. When the e-mail is sent, the list of others receiving the same message are listed as well. This provides anyone else to see your personal e-mail address, and you may be put on a spam list (or more of the same "stuff"), and this may violate your privacy (not everyone likes their e-mail address "out there").

3. "IF" one would want to develop a list of folks that actually would want this type of thing, then I'd suggest posting in the off-topic area that you're soliciting a list of people's e-mail to send out things that relate to this or that.

If we're talking about Mustangs, etc., then leave it to that. Off-topic can provide whatever you want to do on your own. It can be insulting to get something from someone you "trust", open it and find that it's asking for your support of something you (may) have no interest in. Just because we share common interests, it doesn't mean it's an open door to send all kinds of other, unsolicited e-mails.

thanks,
Paul N.