• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted!!!! Gt/cs

GT_CS

It has come to the time to seriously have a need for a GT/CS,

My preferred car must be absolutely original, sure it may require some cosmetic work like paint etc, but it must have a straight body and solid structure.

i would prefer if it was automatic, power steering and (A/C would be a bonus!)

If you know of any nice cars floating around in your vicinity, please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated

Located in London, England

Thanks
Fas

natasha

There are 4 good ones for sale on cars on line at

http://www.cars-on-line.com/mustang_2.html

shipping to england is not a big deal and the current high price of the 4 cars is not a big deal considering the price of there money.

if he buys a 36,000 california special it will cost him 18,000

so he gets a good car at a great price..send us some of that money.LOL

Mustanglvr

The cars on that site have been there along time. One is sold, two are over priced and the one that is modified is pretty nice but not original.

gt bandit

If your going to Ship , do your shopping on Freight carriers. Also watch any consolidated shipping company's , recent arrivals here in OZ have received dented roofs due to poor double stacking.

i shipped mine in a Single 20FT container , little more expensive but at least i know it should arrive safely.

also ask the shipper what liner they use

MSC are the slowest on the face of this planet.
Maersk are the quickest.

I paid $2500 USD Houston to Fremantle + insurance for a Single 20ft on MSC through Schumacher Cargo -.

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

Thanks for all the love and comments people, i have shipped a GT/CS (in a container) last year for my uncle,hence Shipping experience is not a problem! but there's nothing like having a GT/CS of your own!

Natasha - Nice theory on currency conversion - just like some people wouldn't pay $36K for a GT/CS - I wouldn't pay £18K (Hell of a lot of money)

Keep your scanners peeled everyone......

regards

luisa2552

GT CS, have you checked into the one on ebay in your neck of the woods? Looks like a nice car.

natasha

quote.
The cars on that site have been there along time. One is sold, two are over priced and the one that is modified is pretty nice but not original. quote

Please find me a very nice car like the ones on cars on line for under 30,000

I see nothing but cars that need alot of work selling for 20-28,000

I have not seen a very nice car under 30,000.00 that I would buy that needs nothing.I guess the saying is true you get what you pay for.Buy a 25,000 car and you get a car that needs a lot of work.Buy a 39,000 car and own a piece of art.I prefer art rather than a bad portrait.

Mustanglvr

Like I said. " The cars on that site have been there for a long time".

luisa2552

natasha said:
quote.
Buy a 25,000 car and you get a car that needs a lot of work.Buy a 39,000 car and own a piece of art.I prefer art rather than a bad portrait.

I have not seen a $25,000 car that needs 'a lot of work'. I guess it depends on what you think a lot of work is. I got my car 2 years ago for trade ($7,000 worth of work) and I haven't added up what I've put into it but it's probably approaching 10K and it still needs work. All CS's are art to me, no matter what shape they are in and I have enjoyed the restoration process every step of the way.

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

Well said Luisa, i personally think that natasha is rather illusioned, you can get an excellent car for 20K - 25K, its all about being at the right place at the right time, moreover i definately agree that any GT/CS in any form or shape is a piece of art!

390cs68 - Thanks for the polishing off nicely my post about the currency

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

390cs68rcode said:
I agree for 25k you can get a REALLY nice 289/302 CS. look what mine sold for. 24k.

no problem on the currency.

Thanks for the support buddy! by the way i love the look of your car, i had a scroll through your gallery, please do let me know if you come across any cars in your district!

Regards

texascanuck

I'm in Houston, Texas and I have a 302, automatic, numbers matching, factory A/C, candy apple red with white vinyl roof GT/CS but...the paint job sucks, it needs to be redone. I am willing to get it re-painted if you would like (at your cost) or leave it as is if you prefer. I don't mind getting involved with shipping overseas.

As for pics, well there's my little avatar...I tried to add pics to my gallery here but never got it to work. I can email you some though.

UPDATE: I just tried to and succeeded in uploading all available pics I have that I took April 25, 2004. I also added a bunch of comments about the car too, so just click over to my Gallery page:
http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=117
and let me know if you are interested.

tc
texascanuck@gmail.com

Last edited:

texascanuck

Mosesatm said:
Another Houston GT/CS. How many is that now?
Well I don't know if they are already represented here or not but I am aware of 4 GT/CS' in Houston that I have seen with my own eyes:
- red/white with white stripe (me!)
- gold with black stripe (works nearby, see regularly)
- canary yellow with white stripe
- once I saw an aqua one

tc