• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What price to ask?

Bluestang

I am concidering selling my GT/CS S-code. What price should I ask? Should I try selling on ebay with reserve? Should I sell out right? I am selling to simplify my life. My attention is better focused on my family.
The car is from Hawaii. Has sat garaged since 1986. Has 71,000 miles.Body is in great shape. Numbers matching. On a scale of 1 to 10, exterior is about 7. Interior about 7.5, new in 1986. Rebuilt motor,tranny, power booster,etc. Have most history of car. Was show winner in 1986, 6 trophies.Car is in member gallery under Bluestang. Is worthy of restoration or driver as is. Your input would be of value.

BroadwayBlue

Great looking car!!! Nice color too :wink:
If I didn't have so much going on the 390 GT would be very tempting.
I'm sure it will be for a number of people.

If you look at NADA as a start ...

Low Retail $10,695
Average Retail $18,975
High Retail $37,720

I'm not a great judge on prices but I think you could be at the higher end of the range.

Mustanglvr

Sell it at Barrett-Jackson. Thats what I`d do, but the second best thing I would do is put it on Ebay with a high reserve ($40,000 or $50,000) and see what it does. Its a beautiful, desirable color combination. It has heater delete which makes it more rare, its numbers matching and its a GT. The collectors will have an all out battle for it! You should be able to get quite a bit for it.

Midnight Special

BroadwayBlue said:
Great looking car!!! Nice color too :wink:
If I didn't have so much going on the 390 GT would be very tempting.
I'm sure it will be for a number of people.

If you look at NADA as a start ...

Low Retail $10,695
Average Retail $18,975
High Retail $37,720

I'm not a great judge on prices but I think you could be at the higher end of the range.

...Very tempting indeed! Had I not purchased a like clone recently, I would be very interested! Judging by your gallery pics - I would sure go for the higher end of the $$ range. Take some time, gather all documentation, continue minor improvements (if necessary) and do some open & creative marketing as opposed to "dumping"... Conjure appreciation for its uniqueness as a rare big block & you should do well. Wow! How I'd love to have another 390, but I am truly out of space ;-( Good luck!!

390cs68rcode

also, keep in mind not all cars get into the BJ auction. They choose what they want to sell. I would say a great write up and LOTS of pictures on Ebay would be a decent way to go. Put a reserve on it that you feel comfortable with.

GTCSMustang

That's right. At this point BJ is taking a small fraction of the cars made available to them. But they are looking for unique stuff, and a 390 CS might fit the bill.

Mustanglvr

No, like you I hope to have one of every color and every engine combination.You don`t have a T-code yet do you? LOL

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
No, like you I hope to have one of every color and every engine combination.You don`t have a T-code yet do you? LOL

No, but here's what I do have (see below). In keeping with this thread, I do believe "Bluestang" will be pleasantly suprised if/when he markets his car. Lot's of pictures, good documentation and a high (but negotiable) reserve towards the end if auctioned. I looked at it again & Man, it's tempting! I'm afraid at this point I'd be in the same boat re; "family focus" if I pushed the go button, so I'll refrain ;-) I've been also looking at the Mustang & Fords Auto Trader and Hemmings magazines lately & there have been very few GT/CSs. Non CS big block coupes have asking prices near $40K so there is room for creative marketing. If it is a "numbers match" and a show winner before storage, then you may want to get it appraised as well...

Attachments

• tstangs.jpg
    tstangs.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

marie68csmustangs

Ha! Nice pictures Tim - ;-)) nice to see a picture of the yellow Mach 1 - everytime I come up, including yesterday, it's been under cover.. It will be finally nice when we do get to restore it this summer hopefully.. Now that you have those 1969 shop maunals that my teacher let me keep.. just for you..

Marie

hookedtrout

Midnight Special said:
No, but here's what I do have (see below). In keeping with this thread, I do believe "Bluestang" will be pleasantly suprised if/when he markets his car. Lot's of pictures, good documentation and a high (but negotiable) reserve towards the end if auctioned. I looked at it again & Man, it's tempting! I'm afraid at this point I'd be in the same boat re; "family focus" if I pushed the go button, so I'll refrain ;-) I've been also looking at the Mustang & Fords Auto Trader and Hemmings magazines lately & there have been very few GT/CSs. Non CS big block coupes have asking prices near $40K so there is room for creative marketing. If it is a "numbers match" and a show winner before storage, then you may want to get it appraised as well...

Tim, what is the wheel and tire combo on the Blue and White CS? I like the look.

Cory

somethingspecial

No Room!?!?!?!?

First of all, what is wrong with HIGHLAND GREEN? Next, You have lots of room, Acres and acres of space. Just need some tents is all. Ha Ha ha, Maybe you could talk Charlie into renting you some warehouse space. LOTS of space. Mike

Midnight Special

somethingspecial said:
First of all, what is wrong with HIGHLAND GREEN? Next, You have lots of room, Acres and acres of space. Just need some tents is all. Ha Ha ha, Maybe you could talk Charlie into renting you some warehouse space. LOTS of space. Mike

Oh yeah Mike - Acres & acres at your place!!! If we keep this up we'll look like one of those internment camps, probably get invaded by some law enforcement friends of yours... I have no problem w/ Highland Green - 'driving one today. I just have fun "nudgeing" Rhonda every now & then, that's all.

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, Tim - You have pleanty of room to store all the cars.. You'll just spend too much time with them - You spend more time with the cars than you do sometimes with your friends or family... You drove the green one today - the other day you were driving the blue one..

Marie

Midnight Special

...Now now Marie, don't let the cat out of the bag ;-) I mean; my wife is a quilter - what do you want? The alternative has been staring at endless stacks of fabric & wall hangings... listening to sewing machines 'til midnite. Beautiful stuff! don't get me wrong - but only practical to me if I were restoring airplanes & needed to re-cover a Piper Cub ;-))

somethingspecial

Something tells me that a long arm quilting machine, NO matter how it was tuned, can match the purring of a GT390!!!!!!!!
Kind of makes you want to change the words to a US Marine creed: This is my GT/CS, There are many like it, but this one is mine............
Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mike
PS, Can Francis make car covers on her machine?????