• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What price to ask?

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, Tim - I know that - I was only joking about that.. I'm not going to let any cats (or kitttens) out of the bag... I don't know if Frances can make any car covers on the machine yet - last time it was broken... It would have helped if the machine wasn't broken - Needed a new cover for the red one - it was broken.. Washed the red one the other day.. Was fun! - Mike How is that new Solstice??!!

Marie

Mustanglvr

Are you talking about Tim`s red GT/CS, Marie?
Maybe Frances could make custom car covers with Tim`s designs on her machine? That would be cool.

somethingspecial

Solstice is great in every way. My wife and I took it to the coast this last weekend and had fun cruising down Hwy 1 from Santa Cruz to San Luis Obisbo. Great FUN. She even let me drive it. Mike

68gt390

somethingspecial said:
Solstice is great in every way. My wife and I took it to the coast this last weekend and had fun cruising down Hwy 1 from Santa Cruz to San Luis Obisbo. Great FUN. She even let me drive it. Mike

Mike;
Which engine option does it have. I've heard for an extra 30 or 40 grand you can have it equipped with the corvette motor. :eek: A friend of mine has the 4 banger and likes it a lot.

Don :cool:

Midnight Special

somethingspecial said:

...Very neat li'l car Mike!

Attachments

• IM001462.JPG
    IM001462.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IM001464.JPG
    IM001464.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 21

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, I'm talking about the red GT/CS - :)) Yeah, maybe Frances can make custom car covers with each of the cars on it :)) Mike - I'm glad that you like the Solstice!

Marie

Midnight Special

...I've talked to Frances re: specialty quilts & wall hangings that can feature our GT/CSs to augment t-shirts and mugs. She said they have a new printable fabric we're going to experiment with where hopefully we can personalize as such. Right now she's tied up w/ quilting large designs that people have had in their closets for years. Her new long-arm machine will be handy for that...

somethingspecial

It has the 177hp 4 cyl. Ecotech motor w/ 5 speed. Lots of fun, fast and handles like a slot car. I would be affraid to drive it with a vette motor. Mike

Midnight Special

somethingspecial said:
It has the 177hp 4 cyl. Ecotech motor w/ 5 speed. Lots of fun, fast and handles like a slot car. I would be affraid to drive it with a vette motor. Mike

Amazing to me how most new cars are better performers, better handling, more comfortable, have way more features, more reliable, safer, and even (tho few) have better looks. Heck, the one time my wife drove my GT/CS she didn't even bother to turn the headlights off while fumbling for the (non-existant) electric window controls when we parked!

So why are we so "GT/ConSumed...???

.... I guess all I can offer in analogy is; When a Lear Jet flies by - I never notice. When a P-51 or old B-17 is even within hearing range - God help you if you're between me and access to veiw the sky blu' where I will watch intently until reverberations no more...

Attachments

• jb-e.jpg
    jb-e.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 14

marie68csmustangs

Midnight Special said:
Amazing to me how most new cars are better performers, better handling, more comfortable, have way more features, more reliable, safer, and even (tho few) have better looks. Heck, the one time my wife drove my GT/CS she didn't even bother to turn the headlights off while fumbling for the (non-existant) electric window controls when we parked!

So why are we so "GT/ConSumed...???

.... I guess all I can offer in analogy is; When a Lear Jet flies by - I never notice. When a P-51 or old B-17 is even within hearing range - God help you if you're between me and access to veiw the sky blu' where I will watch intently until reverberations no more...

Ha! I get your anology - A GT/CS is rare find like the B-17 or a P-51, and when you see one of those, you like to look up at the sky - astonished and amazed.. It's like when you see a GT/CS driving around you stop and look. I remember the first time I saw one, I did a double take! Yeah, new cars might have more features and everything - But, they don't have those big motors that whine when started up... My car is quiet compared to your Mustangs.. Your Mustangs make my car feel like a scared kittten... ;-))

Marie

somethingspecial

Back to the thread topic

My neighbor accross the street, a Mopar owner, just brought me over the April issue of MUSCLE MACHINES MAG. It has the Ford, Merc, Shelby price guide in it, which covers the GT/CS. The following is how they break it down:

All are GT/CS
Trans: Eng: Low Average High
4spd 302/230hp 4k 11.5k 25.5k
4spd 390/325hp 4.5k 13.5k 30k
auto 302/230hp 3.5k 10.5k 23.5k
auto 390/325hp 4k 12.5k 28k
auto 428/335hp 5k 14k 31k
they also list a 428 4spd, but since all 428cj had auto trans, I did not list it. but for you Don, they list it at 33.5k on the high end. Hope this helps. Mike

68gt390

somethingspecial said:
My neighbor accross the street, a Mopar owner, just brought me over the April issue of MUSCLE MACHINES MAG. It has the Ford, Merc, Shelby price guide in it, which covers the GT/CS. The following is how they break it down:

All are GT/CS
they also list a 428 4spd, but since all 428cj had auto trans, I did not list it. but for you Don, they list it at 33.5k on the high end. Hope this helps. Mike

Mike;
Thanks for listing. To be perfectly honest with you I think who ever made up that listing must have been on crack or a really bad trip from the 60's. NADA gives us a better spread than the above. They can keep their price listing.

Don :tongue:

390cs68rcode

they also list a 428 4spd, but since all 428cj had auto trans, I did not list it.

somewhat false statement.

there are documented 4 speed HCS's and 68.5 Cobra Jets (I have one). There is one 428 CS out there and we are not sure if it is a 4 speed or auto.

somethingspecial

I appologize for any mis-statements. I was not aware of any 68 HCS 428/4spd cars. This list is just what is printed. I agree, with Don, this list seems wrong, but it was a latest printed list for comparison. Lists can change day to day, and sometimes severely. Sorry if I am mis-spelling words, Brain doesn't seem to be functioning well today. Mike
And NO, no alcohol was involved. I can't figure out what is wrong?

John McGilvary

Marti Report

390cs68rcode said:
somewhat false statement.

there are documented 4 speed HCS's and 68.5 Cobra Jets (I have one). There is one 428 CS out there and we are not sure if it is a 4 speed or auto.
I just got an Marti Eliete report on my GT/CS, 428 CJ, and it shows that there were 12 CS's produced with 7 auto's and the rest were 4 speeds. Marti did not say how many were CS or HCS. He did say that only 4 had 391 gears and only one was painted Brittany Blue. Hope this helps! John

390cs68rcode

John McGilvary said:
I just got an Marti Eliete report on my GT/CS, 428 CJ, and it shows that there were 12 CS's produced with 7 auto's and the rest were 4 speeds. Marti did not say how many were CS or HCS. He did say that only 4 had 391 gears and only one was painted Brittany Blue. Hope this helps! John

AHHHHH HAAAAA this means there was one 428 CS with a 4 speed, the missing one. Check my thread on the engine/transmissions on the top of the discussion forum. We have 4 listed 4 speed HCS's 428's so the 5th one is a CS!

(I am updating the other thread about this, have to ask Mr. Admin to do it).

BroadwayBlue

somethingspecial said:

All are GT/CS

They didn't list any 3-speeds?? Prices do seem a bit low.