• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

When a restoration shop just won't finish...

GTCS42

Dan...

What shop are you using in Sacramento? Be interesting to see what kind of reputation they have among the locals here..

aemoo28

I think the Dick you mentioned is from Mustang's Northwest. Might be Dick Knight? I remember seeing some of his 69 and 70 Mach one cars. They were very nice.Rob

You need Dick? I can get him for you. He has a fabulous pony ranch with many in different stages of reconstruction. Paint shop too. He's great.

Amy

Doug

Doug,
His name is Bob Wolfe. He has been around this site a bit. He is not shy and I guarentee he is honest and fair. He is a member of the Kitsap Mustang Club and has teamed with another member, John Buckbee, to do restorations. Bob is the bad cop and John is the good cop! They do not paint cars, but he has 3 or 4 very reliable painters in the area. And they hate to see him coming after painting a car for a customer. He has more than once forced entire repaints if he is not satisfied. I have helped him with the final tuning on some of the cars. As we speak, Bob and John have 5 cars in various stages and types of restoration. They are very busy!! But they move them right along and the customers are satisfied. Some are full on restorations and others are just repair, engine, interior work.

I think the Dick you mentioned is from Mustang's Northwest. Might be Dick Knight? I remember seeing some of his 69 and 70 Mach one cars. They were very nice.

Rob

You arecorrect it's Dick Knight - great guy and honest - he once "gave me" an original idler arm" for my 390 GT/CS

OP
OP
D

DAR1

Thanks for all of the offers to re-locate the car to a better shop but they already have the bulk of the money to build the car. I don't want to incur the cost to start over with a new shop although recovering some of the already spent money through small claims might be possible. As I mentioned to Tim in a PM, I think they paid the rent with my money back in 2004 -2005 now they are working on projects to pay the rent in 2008 with local owners to go in weekly and demand progress. As a result there is no progress on my car. Unprofessional at the very least.
Dan

@Holmes

I know you guys hate theives and lawyers alike but this is one situation I think needs a little push - I would get a lawyer to send a DTPA notice letter and demand for the return of you $$ and car. You should consult a lawyer asap bc the limitations period will run and you could be barred from making a claim.
L