• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Woodward Dream Cruise Saturday 8/19

jc68gtcs

Is anyone out there showing up for the Detroit area Dream Cruise this weekend? I'll be in Mustang Alley in Ferndale, MI along with 574 other Mustangs. Sure would be nice to see some other CS's.

Redwingrobb

If you go make sure you get a Coney Island at National Coney Island on 12 Mile in Royal Oak. And a Vernor's Ginger Ale for you Midwesterners....

Mark Puls

Red Wing Rob I wish i was there right now word is it is packed already. I will be attending....but my GT/CS won't be there since the power steering is not working and brakes need some work. Will be in the Shelby Cobra club with relatives replica assuming. Let hope the rain holds off. I will be taking pictures of any GT/CS's I see since i am new and am in the process of restoration.

Mark Puls

2006 Woodward Dream Cruise

Had a greattime Saturday despite the rain until 2:00 pm. I am sure there would have been a lot more cars if it hadn't rained.

The highlight for me was being able to see the "Green Hornet" up close. Evidently it is going to be up for sale at Barret Jackson. I don't know ifthe Plaque Picture is readable but it saystheestimated value is $2.2 mil. Surprisingly no one really was concerned when I was inside the ropes to view and take pictures. I am very tempted to restore my car to look like a cloan.

I didn't see any California Specials there and I was there from 10:00am to 10:00pm

Attachments

• Picture 104 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 104 Large Web view.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 105 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 105 Large Web view.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 106 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 106 Large Web view.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 107 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 107 Large Web view.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Picture 110 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 110 Large Web view.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 112 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 112 Large Web view.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Picture 114 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 114 Large Web view.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 115 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 115 Large Web view.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 39

390cs68rcode

does not suprise me it will be for sale in January. Craig Jackson has had a few articles recently on it (this was my first clue). He is in it for the money and is using his pull in the magazines to put more money in his pockets.

di81977

The Hemmings article said the car is now part of Craig Jackson's collection. Any idea how he got hold of it? Did it go from the Darrow's to Jackson? I wonder what he paid for it?

Conflict of interest are not the right words, but Jackson certainly has a unique opportunity to really drive the price way, way up.

Whether you like it or not, Barrett Jackson has been, and looks to continue to be good for CS owners.

I will be there in January (increased registration fee - $400, along with the commission).