• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New profile posts

Thanks, I have just seen the reply for the first time. Another question I have the engine bay just about stripped down. What coatings would you prefer to use if it was yours? I was thinking of por 15, but its not rusted. I may be able to get it painted when I get off this time. I only have radiator support to finish.
Hello, I'm new to this site. I just purchased a 2008 Vista Blue Convertible GT/CS Mustang. I love it!! It has 14,000 original miles. I fell in love with Mustangs in the early 1970's. I always wanted a GT but couldn't afford one. Drove my baby home yesterday and had a blast! Thank you for having this site. Lori
Mike

I registered my CS last night and it shows with Marchal fogs. My car has Lucas fogs. It may have just been a fat finger issue. :grin: How do I get this corrected?

Thanks
Bruce Wertman
8R01C168021
Hi Bob, I try to get in contact with you for HCS decals but no result. please get in touch.
thanx, Ellen (Lenta)
Hello Mike,
I just purchased a gt/cs, the vin# is 8R01C149889. Im not sure what other information you need.
Thanks,
Miguel Victor
Hi Dominick,
I do not do it my self. I have the shop in Omaha that does my other plated finishes do it. It is not hard to do your self I just do not have the time. You should check with platers in your area or just buy the phosphate and do it your self. The cost of shipping two ways would possibly be more than the plating. But if you want to go that way there is a company in the Kansas City area that will do it for you R-A Motorsports and ask for Noel. 816-246-9094 .
Your project looks like it is coming along. It is a lot of work but it will be worth it all when it is done.
Keep up the good work.
Marty
Marty,
I was wondering if you or someone you know might be doing some oil and phosphate coating in the near future? I have some parts to do.
Dominick
M arty Could you tell me were the two wires go the short wire goes to ground the other end goes to the points ? next the long wire comes out of the Distrib one end goes to the coil but were does it go in side the distrib does it also og to the points? Thanks for the help Tom
Charles, I updated your info in the official Registry. The online Registry needs to be updated by Jon Hanna. The recall on the Marchal fog lights wasn't limited to the first 200 cars, which had the recessed reflectors. The recall was on all cars which left the factory with the Marchal fog lights, which was every GT/CS up until April 26th. All GT/CSs which left after that date were equipped with Lucas Lights. So if your car was produced before 4-26-68, either light is OK. Mike
Hi Mike, I was just looking at my registry entry, which I originally did through Paul M. Newitt, which I did before his book came out. I would like to update that info so it is complete.
Registry number C150897
My fill name is Charles Putnam
The full VIN is 8R01C150897
Also this car would have had the Lucus fogs as it is a later model with the surface mounted reflector, which would have been after the Marchall fog lights.
Thanks,
Charles Putnam
Marty,
I see the rally packs say 65-68 mustang. Have you as a judge seen many rally packs on 67-68 mustangs?
Domiick
Hi,
Yes, there is a flat spot on the top back of the block just above the top of the bell housing there you should find the VIN. There should be a J in the VIN.
Hope this helps. Is this car a GT? If so are the shock towers welded?
Marty
Hi Marty, I have a quick question for you. You've worked on a lot of these cars. I am looking at a GT/CS that is supposedly a J code, 302. Is there coding I can look for on the engine to confirm it is the correct motor?
Hi I would like to have your email address so I can send you some pictures.
Mine is momrupp@hotmail.com and my cell # is 402-416-7107
Marty