• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

*** New Updated Carlisle Thread 4/23/2008!!

Who will be attending Carlisle All Ford Nationals in 2008?

• Yes - I will be attending with my non-1968 HCS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BroadwayBlue

Hey Everyone!!

I wanted to start a new poll to get a better idea of attendance, share updated info and work on making plans to meet up. Plus I like posting polls :cool:

I also thought maybe the success of the Galpin/Knotts events might work its way East and spark some more interest.

First for the update....

I've made contact again with the Event Manager for the All-Ford Nationals and explained that we have received increased interest recently and should have a decent number of cars attending. So I was reaching out to him again for any assistance in the possibility of being able park together or something similar. I'd like to get the early and late models together if possible.

He said they can do some things to help our group and would like to speak to me live next week. He's a little crazy this week with Spring Carlisle going on so we're making plans to talk late next week.

So please answer the poll above and contact me via email or PM on the site with your plans!!! The more info I have when I speak to him the better!!

If you could include your email in your correspondence that would be helpful so I can just email updates to everyone at once.

Just a quick summary of the events planned:
MUSTANG BEEHIVE - a collection of Black and Yellow Mustangs
SVT 15th ANNIVERSARY REUNION
20th Anniversary of the Merkur
40TH Anniversary Reunion for Cobra Jets
50TH Anniversary - ALL 1958 Fords
FORD MOTOR COMPANY - KITT, GT500KR, Glass Roof Mustangs and more
and more...

You can check it all out at: http://carsatcarlisle.com

And remember if you register online by May 19th you save $10 on registration and receive a $5 coupon good towards event merchandise at the show. Remember to specify GT/CS or HCS when you register so they see the registrations coming in.

Sorry to be a pain but I really need your assistance in understanding who is and isn't attending so I can let Carlisle know how they can help us.
We're coming to them late but they seem willing to help so let's seize the opportunity.

Thanks!!

RacingFan

Count me in!

Hi Rich,

Yep, I will be there. I come in late Thursday from Newport News, VA. I am driving up, and will be staying at the Hotel Carlisle until Sunday. I have a buddy who is also bringing his Mustang, a 67 vert GT/CS clone. Definately a restomod with some great looks. My email is daspencer63@cox.net. Looking forward to seeing everyone, we had a blast a few years ago when we had four or five GT/CS cars on the field together there at Carlisle. Let me know if I can help with anything.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hi Dave,

Great news!!

I'm staying at the Western Village RV Park which is a few miles from the fairground. My sister and her family have a big 34' camper trailer we're staying in for the weekend.

I'll be driving down along with my nephew in his modified 2007 Grabber Orange GT. You can't miss him coming! :cool:

I'll be in touch!

Ladystang

Sent you a pm. We will be there. Already pre-registered. Staying at the Holiday Inn, Fri. Sat. nite; Leaving on Sunday.

wldpony

I am pre-registered and am staying at the Ramada about 4 miles from Fairgrounds. Can't wait to meet you all. Let us know if we can park together and I will change the Club I am with to park with the GT/CS group!!! Sounds like fun.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

We've got our own class!!!!

I have what I hope is good news for everyone!

I just got off the phone with Rick Markko, Event Manager for the All Ford National at Carlisle. He was a great guy to speak with and very accomodating.

He has offered us our OWN class this year for the show that would include all years of California Specials and High Country Specials!!

For awards, instead of competing against other 68 Mustangs or 07/08 GTs we would all be in our own class and by default will allow us to all park together on the showfield!! This eliminates trying to coordinate arriving together in order to park together.

The class will be: Mustang California Special/High Country Special - All Years

In the event that the class gets too big they will consider splitting the years out.

Here is what we need to do if you want to park in this class and so they can see how many cars are registering.

When you register for the show, you must put the following under club affiliation - californiaspecial.com

Please enter it exactly as it is above so the computer system will recognize how many of us will be attending. (more on this later)

If you have already registered, please call Carlisle and add this to your registration. The number is (717) 243-7855

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TENT

At this time, I don't think we will reach the number required. We hae about 10 cars confirmed right now. If we have 25 cars registered, they will supply us with a FREE 20x20 tent to use for the weekend. The cutoff for this is to register by May 19th.

This is why it's important to enter "californiaspecial.com" in the club affliation on the registration form. That will allow them to see how many are attending and if we qualify.

If this is something that interests everyone and we don't have 25 cars, the cost for the tent would be $160. If we had 10 cars that would be $16 per car. The more cars the less the cost.

Please PM or email me if you are interested or have thoughts on this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, I hope this is good news for those planning on attending and sparks some interest for those that are still on the fence.

I feel it is a big step to get our own class for a show of this size on the East Coast.

Please post any thoughts or feel free to PM or email me. Thanks!

I am really disappointed! I'd love to be there and I'm only an hour drive but unfortunately I have a wedding to attend Saturday afternoon, so I can't make it. I hope you all have a great time. :)

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I am really disappointed! I'd love to be there and I'm only an hour drive but unfortunately I have a wedding to attend Saturday afternoon, so I can't make it. I hope you all have a great time. :)

Is it your wedding? If not we expect to see you there ... heck even if it was your wedding ... it's only an hour away ... .sneak away!! Priorities priorities!:grin:

Enjoy the wedding and don't worry I'll take plenty of pictures!!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Poll closed?

I just noticed the poll at the top of the thread indicates it's closed!

I'm not sure why - I might have messed up the close date and chose 5/1 instead of 6/1 or something.

I sent Jon a PM.

Can anyone vote in the poll that hasn't already?

If not please PM or email me if you're attending if you haven't already. Just want to keep track of numbers. Thanks!!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Fixed now. Everyone vote away! :smile:

QuarterHorse

I have 2 questions:

1) If you are already registered with another club, can you register with a second club? Or, do you need to CHANGE your club affiliation so that you are only registered with one club?

2) Wll there be any late model GT/CS registry decals available at Carslisle?

Thanks,

Skip

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I have 2 questions:

1) If you are already registered with another club, can you register with a second club? Or, do you need to CHANGE your club affiliation so that you are only registered with one club?

2) Wll there be any late model GT/CS registry decals available at Carslisle?

Thanks,

Skip

Hi Skip,

1. I'm not sure of that answer. When you call I would ask that question. I also put down my Mustang Club when I registered but I might be the only one going from my club so I will probably just change it. But when you call I would ask. I would think they may want you registered with one club because they use the club name that is entered on registration to figure out if a club qualifies for a free tent. I'm sure they wouldn't want one entry counting toward multiple clubs.

In our case I believe they are also using the entry to see how big the CS/HCS class is going to be.

2. Paul Newitt is selling the decals and I do not think he will be attending Carlisle.

Is it your wedding? If not we expect to see you there ... heck even if it was your wedding ... it's only an hour away ... .sneak away!! Priorities priorities!:grin:

Enjoy the wedding and don't worry I'll take plenty of pictures!!

LOL........no, not my wedding. Believe me, I thought about how I could do both, but I just don't think there's any way I can do it.

P

PNewitt

I'm so sorry that I can't attend this event, but I would like to say that I appreciate the interest; but more importantly, I appreciate Rich for making this happen. It's a lot of work, and I thank him for thinking of the GT/CSs on the East Coast for the 40th Anniversary.

Paul N.

Ladystang

Sorry you can't join us Paul. We are hoping to have a large group of CS's there. There will be at least four from our group of 60 some mustang
attending the show. Planning on having a great time.