• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

*** New Updated Carlisle Thread 4/23/2008!!

Who will be attending Carlisle All Ford Nationals in 2008?

• Yes - I will be attending with my non-1968 HCS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ladystang

Hi Skip,

1. I'm not sure of that answer. When you call I would ask that question. I also put down my Mustang Club when I registered but I might be the only one going from my club so I will probably just change it. But when you call I would ask. I would think they may want you registered with one club because they use the club name that is entered on registration to figure out if a club qualifies for a free tent. I'm sure they wouldn't want one entry counting toward multiple clubs.

In our case I believe they are also using the entry to see how big the CS/HCS class is going to be.

2. Paul Newitt is selling the decals and I do not think he will be attending Carlisle.

This is for Skip too. I am still registering as Badmustangsclub.com and also South Jersey Mustang Club, and adding the Californiaspecial.com club. I am already counted as part of the Badmustangclub for qualifing for their tent, and don't want to chance them losing their tent.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I'm so sorry that I can't attend this event, but I would like to say that I appreciate the interest; but more importantly, I appreciate Rich for making this happen. It's a lot of work, and I thank him for thinking of the GT/CSs on the East Coast for the 40th Anniversary.

Paul N.

To be honest, I wish I could have done more. Unfortunately I'm at a bit of a loss because this is my first time attending Carlisle and I'm not familiar with the area to pick a meeting place or anything like that. I only stopped there once at a gas station on my way to North Carolina. That's my view of Carlisle. So not sure of what's in the area.

This is a very large show and traffic is pretty crazy from what I have heard on Saturday.

Since the initial response was light I didn't really push Carlisle too hard but when I saw more interest I reached out to Carlisle again.

I was only hoping for us to be able to park together. They offered up making a separate show class for us without blinking an eye. They really were accomodating. I didn't have to do much. Just trying to keep everyone in the loop and contacting those on the site and some that don't come to the site. Tom Elledge has been a great resource in helping me with contacts too and also was talking with Carlisle about us parking together.

Awards aside, I'm looking forward to meeting other owners and checking out the cars. It will be great to have the cars together and spend some time talking, putting faces with forum names, etc ... and checking out the rest of the showfield.

Hopefully this could be the start of an annual gathering at Carlisle for us.
It's nothing fancy but we're getting some recognition at a major show which
I think is a good thing.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Late Model GT/CS used on website

I just noticed Carlisle used a late model GT/CS as one of the promotional pics for the All-Ford Nationals page on the site.

Scroll down to the bottom where they talk about what Ford is bringing that weekend.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Ford and Lincoln-Mercury will be all over the place . . .

http://carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Now we just have to get them to use Bob's HCS for the Cobra Jet Reunion pic!

QuarterHorse

Nancy: Thanks for the info. I want to be sure I understand you correctly. You are registered under three clubs? I don't want to take any chances on badmustangsclub.com losing their tent either. However, I would like to help out the GT/CS crew as well. That is why I am trying to be a bit careful about who I am registering with. I registered under badmustangsclub.com quite a few months ago.

Ladystang

Nancy: Thanks for the info. I want to be sure I understand you correctly. You are registered under three clubs? I don't want to take any chances on badmustangsclub.com losing their tent either. However, I would like to help out the GT/CS crew as well. That is why I am trying to be a bit careful about who I am registering with. I registered under badmustangsclub.com quite a few months ago.

I put Badmustangsclub.com as the main club. Added SJMC after that. Still have to call Carlise about getting this club added. If they don't want more than one, it will be the BMC. Registered months ago also. Have never done Carlisle before, so not sure how they handle things.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I appreciate the offer to help out but if you're planning on parking with your club and not with the GT/CS and HCS cars I would put your club in and not californiaspecial.com

The reason I say this is that based on my talk with them, it sounds like their computers read that club affliliation field and they get a report on the total number of cars for each club. If there is more than one club listed, neither club may get credit.

To be honest I don't think we'll be reaching the 25 car minimum. I would love for it to happen but just being realistic.
I'd hate for another club to come up short on their free tent if they truly deserve it.

To be honest I haven't called yet myself to update my registration. Will be doing that next week. If you happen to call please let us know what they say about putting in more than one club.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

2) Wll there be any late model GT/CS registry decals available at Carslisle?

Thanks,

Skip

I called Carlisle today to change my club affiliation it took about 2 minutes to do. It is easy if you have your confirmation form with your customer id on it.

It went so smooth I forgot to ask about adding multiple clubs - sorry. Maybe someone else that calls can ask.

Also - Paul is going to send me some GT/CS and HCS decals for all years prior to Carlisle.
So I will have some available if anyone wants to pick one up that weekend. ($10 each)

I won't have a huge amount - probably about 10 of each.
You can still order from Paul directly too.

QuarterHorse

I called Carlisle today to change my club affiliation it took about 2 minutes to do. It is easy if you have your confirmation form with your customer id on it.

It went so smooth I forgot to ask about adding multiple clubs - sorry. Maybe someone else that calls can ask.

Also - Paul is going to send me some GT/CS and HCS decals for all years prior to Carlisle.
So I will have some available if anyone wants to pick one up that weekend. ($10 each)

I won't have a huge amount - probably about 10 of each.
You can still order from Paul directly too.

Hey thanks..... I appreciate you thinking of me and the others who may attend Carlisle. However, I just sent a check out to Paul for a decal a couple of days ago. After seeing it in person, I may want to pick up an extra at carlisle to keep tucked away.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Pony Trail Drive on Friday 6/6

I have been in touch with Donald Farr from Mustang Monthly to get information on the Pony Drive starting at CJ Pony Parts on Friday of Carlisle weekend.

My nephew and I are planning on participating in this drive. If you happen to be in Carlisle early Friday morning and want to go let me know. We could caravan to CJ's or meet us there on your way in on Friday.

CJ's Pony Parts looks to be about a 35-40 minute drive from Carlisle.

They had about 100 cars last year I think for the drive.

Admission to the Museum is usually $9.00 for Adults. There are other rates for Seniors, Children, etc... Here is their site http://www.aacamuseum.org/

Here is the info...

Rich,
We'd love to have the California and High Country Specials for our Pony Trails in Pennsylania. It will start from CJs Pony Parts (7481 Allentown Blvd., Harrisburg, PA) on Friday, June 6.
We'll start gathering there at 8:00 and leave at 9:00. The route is still be determined but I think we'll end up at the AACA Museum in Hershey around noon. No pre-registration necessary - just show up at CJs.
Donald Farr
Editor
Mustang Monthly Magazine
9036 Brittany Way
Tampa, FL 33619

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Still time to save $10 on registration

One day left to save $10

Tomorrow, Monday May 19th is the last chance to save $10 on the registration fee of $40. After Monday May 19th it will increase to $50.

Mark Puls

Not able to make it

Just found out that my ride to Carlisle is otherwise engaged. My father in law says he is tied up at a wedding that he can't get out according to my mother in law. It doesn't look like I will make it but have a great time and send lots of pics.

Mark

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Last Chance to save $10 on registration

Carlisle, according to a post on their forum, has extended the May 19th deadline to May 21st to get $10 off on pre-registration. Just thought I would pass it along for anyone that is interested.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Last edited:

Mustanger

Bob's HCS was picked for the Invitational Building. Congratulations!!

Here is a link to the program - Bob's car is on page 26

Pg 26 of the PDF file, pg 24 of the actual program ...

Congrats Bob, you have an awesome CS ...

case12

Congratulations Bob! This is great national exposure for our community of GT/CS and HCS. A great honor! Casey