• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Pictures Of Real Life!

hookedtrout

...Hey Marty, my (pilot) brother visited this week in his Citation. 'Saw him off at the local airport today...'talked him into a fly-by after departure ;-)

That fly by looks like it's pretty close to the trees. My wife watched a local crop dusters kids in her day-care a few years back so he would always fly by and drop the little "Toilet Paper" markers in the back yard while they were out playing. I can say this, crop dusters are crazy, I swear he didn't miss the peak of our roof by inches. He still does it once in awhile when he's in the neighborhood. Nothing wrong with a little extra TP around I guess but it sure startles you when you aren't expecting him.

Midnight Special

...Yes Cory. Many of the guys who race at Reno are ag pilots... naturals for flying low and fast. On a side note - my brother and I once flour-bombed my boss' house from his Cessna 172! He was a supreme practical joker and I saw this as a unique way to "get the last word" ;-)

hookedtrout

...Yes Cory. Many of the guys who race at Reno are ag pilots... naturals for flying low and fast. On a side note - my brother and I once flour-bombed my boss' house from his Cessna 172! He was a supreme practical joker and I saw this as a unique way to "get the last word" ;-)

No pictures?

Midnight Special

...Well I have plenty of air racing as you know, but none of the "flour bombing". I was too busy managing bombs (five sacks over three passes) through the aft bombay (luggage) door. The mission was a total success!... 'Sank one travel trailer, one Ford pickup and inflicted heavy damage on enemy motorpool and cattle pens! Fortunately, there was no flak or enemy fighters that day ;-)

Ruppstang

...Well I have plenty of air racing as you know, but none of the "flour bombing". I was too busy managing bombs (five sacks over three passes) through the aft bombay (luggage) door. The mission was a total success!... 'Sank one travel trailer, one Ford pickup and inflicted heavy damage on enemy motorpool and cattle pens! Fortunately, there was no flak or enemy fighters that day ;-)

I think I am safely out of range of the Cessna 172 but might have some trouble with the jet!

Midnight Special

I think I am safely out of range of the Cessna 172 but might have some trouble with the jet!

Ah, no worries Marty. The AAF (Alternate Air Force) has long disbanded with maturity of its crew.
;-)

Attachments

• PICT0051.jpg
    PICT0051.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 21
  • aaf.jpg
    aaf.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 33

hookedtrout

Sweet, that painted all the pictures I need!!

Midnight Special

Reviving an old thread. This is a picture of my trainer and me. The ugly guy with no hair is my trainer.

...All the more reason for having Lucas' or Marshals in good working order! Wouldn't want to meet either of these two in a dark alley without 'em! A toploader with a reliable reverse gear would help as well! ;-)

Mosesatm

Hmmmm, taking up boxing and going to a family reunion in a month or so.
Interesting. :grin:

somethingspecial

Joe, You live inside your heart, and that is a mighty big place, but don't feel like you have to carry the weight of the whole world, or universe on your shoulders.